Active Park Fault & TSB Number Lookup | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Active Park Fault & TSB Number Lookup

Squirty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
Brought my car in for service today in hopes of getting a few things fixed. Unfortunately, service advisor said he was unable to find the following TSBs for my vehicle. Nothing came up when he looked under my vin. Can anyone help me locate the TSB #'s for the following items:

12-2-7 TIN ROOF NOISE - FRONT ROOF AREA DURING RAIN - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/5/2011

&

11-11-12 RAIN SENSITIVE WIPERS - UN-COMMANDED OR PHANTOM WIPE ON DRY GLASS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 6/26/2011

I've also got an error on parking assist which reads "Active Park Fault" on the small instrument gauge panel as well as the mytouch screen. Anyone else run across this problem?

My vehicle was built in 2011. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brought my car in for service today in hopes of getting a few things fixed. Unfortunately, service advisor said he was unable to find the following TSBs for my vehicle. Nothing came up when he looked under my vin. Can anyone help me locate the TSB #'s for the following items:

12-2-7 TIN ROOF NOISE - FRONT ROOF AREA DURING RAIN - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/5/2011

&

11-11-12 RAIN SENSITIVE WIPERS - UN-COMMANDED OR PHANTOM WIPE ON DRY GLASS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 6/26/2011

I've also got an error on parking assist which reads "Active Park Fault" on the small instrument gauge panel as well as the mytouch screen. Anyone else run across this problem?

My vehicle was built in 2011. Thanks in advance!
Did you check out the TSB thread in the 'Sticky' section?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343204

When I had the 'Active Park Fault' it was due to a bad right front sensor. Have your dealer check it out.

Peter

Do you have those problems on your Explorer? What is the build date on it?

Did you check out the TSB thread in the 'Sticky' section?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343204

When I had the 'Active Park Fault' it was due to a bad right front sensor. Have your dealer check it out.

Peter

Hi Peter, Yes, I checked out the TSB sticky thread but it doesn't have the TSB #'s that I'm looking for so I can direct the service advisor to it.

I will have them check out the front sensor. I thought it might be that as well.

[MENTION=17355]Riley[/MENTION] Build date is 8/2011

Hi Peter, Yes, I checked out the TSB sticky thread but it doesn't have the TSB #'s that I'm looking for so I can direct the service advisor to it.

I will have them check out the front sensor. I thought it might be that as well.

[MENTION=17355]Riley[/MENTION] Build date is 8/2011
Both TSB numbers that you listed are there in the Sticky. All the dealer requires is the TSB number. When they look that up it will give them instructions as to what is required. It isn't up to the owner to advise them of the procedures that are required, although in some case they have.

Peter

Both TSB numbers that you listed are there in the Sticky. All the dealer requires is the TSB number. When they look that up it will give them instructions as to what is required. It isn't up to the owner to advise them of the procedures that are required, although in some case they have.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I must be blind but I don't see the actual TSB number listed in the sticky. I only see the dates the TSB came out. For instance:

The problem I've got right now is that the service adviser is unable to even locate the TSBs and therefore unable/unwilling to proceed with a fix. I need to push him in the right direction.

Thanks Peter. I must be blind but I don't see the actual TSB number listed in the sticky. I only see the dates the TSB came out. For instance:

The problem I've got right now is that the service adviser is unable to even locate the TSBs and therefore unable/unwilling to proceed with a fix. I need to push him in the right direction.
The TSB number is 11-11-12 which in most cases I believe is the same as the date it was issued.

Peter

Back