Adapters

4Wheelin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport 4x4
I juse had my component set installed today but this shop by my house and I won't even get into the amount of grief they gave me but, they said that my new speakers that were installed up front (5in Eclipse mids) would rattle on the 1/2 in ABS Plastic plate that it resides on now. I haven't heard it yet but I am really nervous about it and wanted to know if there was anything I could do to prevent this or some kind of adapter around I could buy??? Thanks ALOT in advance!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got no rattling from my 5.25" Infinity Mids in the doors. They're mounted on the ABS adapter plates.

rattling

To get this thread started off on the right foot....
I've got rattling from my boston acoustics speakers up front. It IS something I noticed only recently though, so I don't know if it showed up after breaking them in a little.

All this will be cured when my Focal components arrive.....

Karl Burns

I just got back from that f***ing place and the speakers are in fine with no rattling and the tweeters are mounted above the door panels so the point directly at your face. It sounds better and everything is a lot clearer. And it turns out that they used a thicker plastic so it wouldnt rattle. But because it took so long for them to put it in (all freakin day), I am pretty sure I will never go back unless my friend can get me an incredible deal.

Where exactly are your tweeters mounted? Mine are in the A-pillar.

Steve

On the door, like right next to the window, right by the part of the that comes up in the corner. And they are pointed right at me. Hope this helps, I will try and get some pics up so I can clarify it some more.

i got separates all around the only rattle is from the 12inch JL's trying to pop open the hatch. anyway, where are you tweeters? do you have pics? i want to move mine but im not sure how it would look/work out.

I don't have pics yet, but I am going to take some next week when I get back from my vacation. The tweeters are on the top of the doors next to the windows, aimed at your face. I really love the way they sound and I would definitly recommend putting them there.

thats what im thinking of doing. my stage is ok but the imaging could be a whole lot better, i feel that i can achive a much better sound if i move up the tweeters but i dont want to move them too far away from the door speaker

I talked with the guys at the shop and they said that where I have it is about the farthest you would want to move it from the speaker and he also suggested mounting the tweeter in the speaker grille above the mid or possibly in the door. I didn't choose that because than they would be shooting at my legs and I didn't want that. I have also heard of mounting them on top of the dash so they hit off the windshield.

Back