Adaptors for rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adaptors for rims

well the fact is that i want to keep the rims that i have right now and i am ever so closer on all my parts for my solid axle swap. so here inlies the question. are there rim adaptors that will let me keep that stock bolt pattern to those on a d44 and ford 9in. i just dont want to part with them
30743rims.jpg

30743clean-med.jpg

Burns said:
well the fact is that i want to keep the rims that i have right now and i am ever so closer on all my parts for my solid axle swap. so here inlies the question. are there rim adaptors that will let me keep that stock bolt pattern to those on a d44 and ford 9in. i just dont want to part with them
30743rims.jpg

30743clean-med.jpg

i highly doubt it, because i dont think the center hole on a 5x4.5 rim will fit over a dana 44 hub, i know on a set of old steel wheels i had that were 5x4.5 and i tried sticking over my d44 hubs, it wouldnt go on..... best thing to do is sell them, and buy some just like it for 5x5.5

Not to mention the fact that the front and rear adapters would run you about 120 per axle, so a total of 240 just for adapters. You could sell those rims and buy new ones in a 5on5.5 and spend less money out of your pocket. :)

Back