• Register Today It's free!

Add-a-leaf question

boomer0587

Reaction score
City, State
centreville va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hey guys im pretty new to this and I was wondering if there was any website or anywhere I can get a 4inch add-a-leaf. i already have 2 inch shackles (sp) and i am looking to get 6 inches in all. any input would be great.

Thank you
-nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey bud you sould do a Spring Over Axle , i dont think anyone has a 4" AAL for our X's. here is a link to the SOA Dead Link Removed

an AAL would only give you 1.5 to 2 inches at best. You could do more than one but your ride would be very bad. For that kind of height on the rear you should do an SOA (spring over axle). Basically just weld new spring perches on the top of your axle and install the springs. thats good for 5 - 6 inches of lift.

Edit, damn chris beat me to it lol.

an AAL would only give you 1.5 to 2 inches at best. You could do more than one but your ride would be very bad. For that kind of height on the rear you should do an SOA (spring over axle). Basically just weld new spring perches on the top of your axle and install the springs. thats good for 5 - 6 inches of lift.

Edit, damn chris beat me to it lol.

You got to be faster than that Sean!

If you don't want to go with the SOA you could go with a pair of rear springs from Superlift.

the SOA would be much cheeper

Thanks for everyones input. off to the drawing board

Back