Add KEYLESS ENTRY to 2013 PI Utility using FORSCAN | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add KEYLESS ENTRY to 2013 PI Utility using FORSCAN

evader2k

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
2013 Ford PI Utility / Explorer 4WD

720-01-03 - Change to --- 808A 0000 35
726-18-01 - Change to --- 0100 0005 4C

Confirmed working with CWTWB1U331 transmitter/fob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for this! Please share any other Forscan hacks if you discover any.

Anyone know where the keyless entry control module is located (RFA- Remote Function Actuator) Forscan says mine is not present on my 2013 PI ?

disregard found it under the center console, got keyless working now, just no remote start.

I got remote start working. Check my other post.
Also it is dependant on which key you use too.

2013 Ford PI Utility / Explorer 4WD

720-01-03 - Change to --- 808A 0000 35
726-18-01 - Change to --- 0100 0005 4C

Confirmed working with CWTWB1U331 transmitter/fob

Can you point a newbie in the direction of some more details? It looks like I need a windows laptop to download the application (which I will buy) but is there a step-by-step for changing those codes?

Can you point a newbie in the direction of some more details? It looks like I need a windows laptop to download the application (which I will buy) but is there a step-by-step for changing those codes?
You may want to browse through the following thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...scan-update-allows-module-programming.442848/
The "Search' feature in the upper right can be a very useful tool in finding existing threads. It may take a bit of getting used to but it is a very handy feature.

Peter

will this work for 2016 Ford Police Interceptor

will this work for 2016 Ford Police Interceptor
If your truck uses remote GB5Z-15K601-C, then no.

These are the changes I made to my 2017 to enable RKE (My 2016 that came with RKE had these bits enabled):
720-02-01 - change bit 37 to 1 (this adds the menu to the IPC)
726-38-01 - change bit 7 to 1 (this enables RKE in BCM)
726-41-01 - change bit 13 to 1 (this enables RKE in BCM)

I do not believe Forscan can currently program the fobs to the vehicle for 16+, so expect to pay a dealer something for that ($50-100+). Just an FYI - If you add RKE and have your car serviced and the BCM gets replaced, the dealer will likely load the new BCM with as built data, which means you will need to have your fobs programmed to the vehicle again and use Forscan to update any module settings that were overwritten.

If your truck uses remote GB5Z-15K601-C, then no.

These are the changes I made to my 2017 to enable RKE (My 2016 that came with RKE had these bits enabled):
720-02-01 - change bit 37 to 1 (this adds the menu to the IPC)
726-38-01 - change bit 7 to 1 (this enables RKE in BCM)
726-41-01 - change bit 13 to 1 (this enables RKE in BCM)

I do not believe Forscan can currently program the fobs to the vehicle for 16+, so expect to pay a dealer something for that ($50-100+). Just an FYI - If you add RKE and have your car serviced and the BCM gets replaced, the dealer will likely load the new BCM with as built data, which means you will need to have your fobs programmed to the vehicle again and use Forscan to update any module settings that were overwritten.
thank you!!

As a new piu owner , I'm working on acquiring all necessary items for keyless entry and remote start.
Would anyone know which key fob I should purchase for both

changed in bcm to enable keyless entry. It accepted. I don’t see where to change the codes. What’s the next step?

changed in bcm to enable keyless entry. It accepted. I don’t see where to change the codes. What’s the next step?

By codes, are you referring to the transmitters/FOB's? Assuming you made all the as built changes, and have the correct transmitters, then all you need to do is follow the procedure in the owners manual to learn them in. Here is a video:
How to Program Ford Remote Keyfob

720 is in IPC
726 is in BCM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As a new piu owner , I'm working on acquiring all necessary items for keyless entry and remote start.
Would anyone know which key fob I should purchase for both

Back