Add SubWoofer to Non-Sony system

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
When I sold my 2003 Explorer to upgrade to the 2015 Explorer, I removed my Sub and amp. Had to do alot of research on adding Sub to my Non-Sony System.
I came across a seller on Ebay that makes Pigtails for just what i needed. I hung on to the pigtail and proceeded to get all the components to upgrade to Sync 3 and install the Sub at the same time. I do not like to cut into any wiring harness's if at all possible. While I had all the components out for the Sync 3 swap, i went ahead and plugged the pigtail in and plugged in the RCA wires and connected the blue remote wire and put them behind the Glove compartment for safe keeping and ready to run to the back. After all the final touches on the sync 3 setup and all was running properly, I decided to run the RCA and Remote wires to the back. That all went well and so it was on to running the positive cable from the battery to the amp going from the drivers side. The amp is temporarily under the rear seat, until i decide where to permanently mount it. I am considering the compartment where the stock Sony Sub is installed. It took some adjusting the amp to get the sound i wanted. All in all a much inprovement over the stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2697 sub.jpg
    IMG_2697 sub.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 135

Back