• Register Today It's free!

Adding 3rd Row Seating

Livin4Real

Reaction score
City, State
Naptown, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
Is it possible to add the third row seating to one without it? Any mods needed or just pick up a third row seat from somewhere and bolt it in?

This is for an '02 Explorer XLS

Livin4Real said:
Is it possible to add the third row seating to one without it? Any mods needed or just pick up a third row seat from somewhere and bolt it in?

This is for an '02 Explorer XLS

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138220

I found this thread on the stock 02+. Our Explorer also has a third row seat and I have not seen one with out the third seat so I don't know how difficult of a process it would be. If you have the mounting bolts already in place I would think all you would need to do is slip one in there along with the seat belts. Everything should be the same between the two different Explorers except the third seat right? Call the dealer and ask but try not to let them touch it!

Thanks for the link. I totally spaced calling the dealership today to find out but it sounds like a no go and I don't want to mess with the aftermarket 3rd seat. There was an oem on ebay for around $300 so I figured I'd at least ask if it was possible. I'll give the dealership a call tomorrow and no they won't be touching it. :thumbsup:

Back