Adding an amp and sub into 95 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding an amp and sub into 95 Explorer

boy141

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new and have been many articles on how to add a sub and amp to my 95 Explorer. I've replaced the stocked radio with Dual's XDM6820. My AMP and Sub are hooked up correctly (performed a test with my multimeter) and have power. I've also tested out the sound of both the AMP and SUB by hooking up my IPOD to it using a RCA converter input thingy-ma-giggy. I get sound.

I've read in a few posts to splice the RCA wires leading to my AMP and connect them to the CD wiring (grey wire & grey/black wire). I don't get any sound from the woofer but my speakers still play sound. Does anyone have any tips on what i should do? I was thinking about locating the stock amp and find the RCA cables there and start splicing those and soldering those to the new amp.

The wiring diagram is located here
http://www.dualav.com/i/product/manual/xdm6820.pdf

Are you not running RCA cables from the Rear Preamp Output to the sub's amp?

I am not getting something about your post.

Are you not running RCA cables from the Rear Preamp Output to the sub's amp?

I am not getting something about your post.

that's what it sounds like. i would get a seperate set of rca cables and run them from your preamp outputs to ur amp it will work alot better and be easier to remove if need be.

Thanks for y'all response!

I forgot to mention this, if you look at the wiring diagram for the CD Player (above link), it has a rear preamp output RCA plugin. When I plug in the RCA cables from the amp to the cd player, it doesn't work.

When I spliced the wires of the rca to the amp, i connected them to the wrong wires. I'll try this again tonight. I don't want to take apart the back of my car, locate the stock amp and then splice the wires into there. I'll let you all know the progress.

Back