adding an amp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

adding an amp

RuffRider

Reaction score
well here's my problem, i got a pioneer 7100 HU and well it only as two preamp outputs, one for the sub, the other is just for the front speakers, i want to add an amp to help power my kappa components in the front and my 2 ways in the back, i know there are some amps out there that accept high volume or high voltage or high something inputs, was wondering if anyone has an amp like this that they would recommend, i am looking for bout 4X70-85 watts rms.....thanks, JK

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got an amp for sale....it's an bit more then what you ask for but it's an 4*250 watt peak...i htink it was like 4*125 RMS..i'm not sure if it takes high inputs but i will look if it does tomorrow....

are you sure that it is a sub out put, and not a front and rear? what i would do is just split the RCA out put, that way you will have 3 pairs. front rear and sub.

yes but the fader controlls only the

front and rear/sub...see the sub is rear so you couldn't adjust the sub by itself, the way i got it i can completly turn the sub down or up withever i want and the rest stays the same.

you don't always want the sub to sounds the same , especcially when you listen alot do different music styles...

im 100% sure that the HU has a front output and a sub output, not one front and one back....for whatever reason the 7200 doesnt come with 3 outputs, but the 6200 does and so does the 8200, i really wish i did my research...oh well....i dont want to split the front output because i want to able to use all the features of my HU, like the fader, and the FIE, and other junk like that

SpiderGear: What kind of amp is it? are those wattages stable at 4 ohm stable? How big? and How much you asking?

When you mean two outputs, you mean front left, front right, and a sub, correct? So that 3 rcas can be attached... That would make absolutely NO sense for there to be a single preamp output for the front. There would be no stereo sound that way, basically breaking all of the goals car audio was made for. You might as well be listening to AM radio. I think this is becoming more of the norm, as that type of head unit usually works for sports cars and coupes that may not have rears in some cases. I figure it's better than no sub output at all.

yes when i said it only had 2 outputs i meant 2 pair of outputs.....one pair is for the front...the other for the sub(nonfading) so there would be a total of 4 plugs.....what i was sayin is that i wanted 6 plugs or 3 pairs........but my question is if anyone would recommend an amp that will accept both rca's and speaker level inputs and that is a 4 channel amp with 70-85watts rms

The amp i have for sale is an

Pyramid Signature series.

some features:

* 4 channel
* 4* 250 watts max peak / bout 100 rms
* Variable sub crossover on channels 1-2
* bridgeable in :

2 * 250 + 500
4* 250
2* 500

* soft power up (wich get rid of the pop when you turn an amp on, especially cheap ones)
* Color = Candy apple red
* has Led bar on front wich will come on when amp is turned on
* 2 ohm stable

this amp will dim light on an car without an capacitor or extra battery or an stronger higher AMP alternator (i got an 130 amp myself plus 2 digital capacitors)..but you would probebly not need an cap or anything else...

the amp is 3-4 months old and retails easy for over 250 bucks.

you name me an reasonable price and it's yours.

Back