Adding Bluetooth to 1999 Explorer with CD Changer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Bluetooth to 1999 Explorer with CD Changer

kcmark

Reaction score
City, State
Liberty, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Exp; 98 Mountaineer
I know this is technically possible but I'm having a heckuva time finding a device, which is compatible with a 1999 Explorer XLT, that will use the CD changer input on my factory Ford stereo to create a bluetooth auxiliary input.

I don't have steering wheel controls or sat radio. I just want to be able to switch to the CD changer input and have it pump out whatever I'm sending over bluetooth. Anyone know of an affordable solution?

I have that PIE adapter (2nd link) and it works fine if you dont plugging in your phone every time. I would like to find something that will interface with the factory harness and allow me to add BT and control it through the steering wheel but I havent found anything yet.

The only other option is to change the plugs on the truck to the newer style Phase II plugs and use a newer OEM radio and BT adapter designed for said radio. By then, you mind as well just put in an aftermarket radio and be done with it.

Back