Adding daytime running lights? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding daytime running lights?

Its done, went to the dealer today, an hour and $49 later I had DRL

There was no parts to buy. no service part nubmer on the bill, just "activate daytime running lights"

So if you're dealer says it cant be done, you can push them that it can.

Do the drl's come on with switch in off position, and also in the auto position? They must just wondering. Called the dealer and they said about half hour $50.00.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the drl's come on with switch in off position, and also in the auto position? They must just wondering. Called the dealer and they said about half hour $50.00.

Yes there are some conditions for the DRL to come one.
Mainly the ignition is on
Headlights are off (they can be in off or auto position)
and the vehicle is not in Park.

So when you start the truck, they are not on, but as soon as you take it out of park, they come on.
If in Auto, they'll come on at day, but headlights/parklights/foglights will come on instead at dusk/dark

Thanks for the reply. :chug:

Had the dealer turn on the drl's yesterday. $50.oo ;)

But for an XLS?

Okay, so what about having them activated for an '05 XLS? I don't have auto-lamp, and I have no clue if mine has the DRL module or not. Also, on the '05, do the DRL's use the low-beams, or high-beams? I have HIDs on my lows, and I know sub-normal voltage will {vulgar term for intercourse} my ballasts up.
I've been running with my parking lights on since I don't have DRLs, but I'm getting tired of fooling with that.

Back