Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

I have been seeing severe different fog light kits on Ebay, some with harnesses and brackets, some just the lights, and so on.
My 2012 base does not currently have fog lights, but I want the factory look without the factory price.
Has anyone used the Ebay fog light kits?
If so, which one and from which seller?
Problems with installation or operation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, I need help !! I bought a kit off eBay and it works with a separate switch.I bought an OEM headlight switch with the fog light button I hooked it up and when I push the button for fog lights I can hear something "click" Relay under the dash Maybe the BCM?

What I need help on is if I wire the positive wire from the harness to the BCM which wire do I tap into for power? I have FORscan and have been in where I can activate the fog lights. I really want this off the OEM switch can anyone please help me I seem to be almost there just want to know the color codes so I don't jack something up.thank you

Does the whole front fascia have to come off to install the fog light assembly?

Planning to add foglights on my 2013 base explorer. Already got new foglights, headlight switch.
Anyone got a copy of manufacturer wiring diagram?
Also if anyone knows if wires are preinstalled? Or do I need to pull new wires.

Hello All,

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer Base model which does not come with Fog Lights - and I want them

I can by the lights off eBay no problem, but will there be a problem installing them??
What I am asking is, is the main wiring loom already there in the car for me to plug into?? If not, what to do??

Also, is there a tutorial (sticky) for installing the fog lights

Thanks
For something like this, you are better off posting in the 'Modified' threads. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
You can also use the 'Search' feature to find any additional info on the subject. I have added a link below that will take you to where I posted a couple of links on this subject previously.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379108&highlight=fog+lights
Good luck.

Peter

Already bought the switch with the fog light option, 140$ from peach state, and was able to switch it out in about 5 min. Will probably retro fit the fog lamps later this summer, also I have the wiring diagram and everything direct from the service manual if anyone needs it.
New here and trying to find some help installing a foglight on a 2013 base explorer. Do you still have the wiring diagram mentioned on your trend. Do I need to run new wires for the foglights or it's already preinstalled.

New here and trying to find some help installing a foglight on a 2013 base explorer. Do you still have the wiring diagram mentioned on your trend. Do I need to run new wires for the foglights or it's already preinstalled.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one. Also, FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on March 4, 2012 so I'd be surprised if he will answer.

Peter

Are we all still SOL on this foglight issue or has someone successfully done it? My 2013 PIU could use some additional lighting. Wintertime in New England is long and dark and snowy.

Back