Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer?

RhinoQuartz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Base
I can't say if the brackets are the same on the 2017 as the 2011-15, but for the early years they look like this and cost about ~50 for the pair:

(FO2602103, FO2603103)
s-l1600.jpg

I don't believe they are, as (from what I've found) 2011-15 models have the fog lights in the bottom part of the bumper, whereas 2016-17 have them higher, just below the headlights and are a wildly different shape. It seems like 18 and 19 model years (or maybe just 19?) have smaller cutouts of the 16-17, but still in the same place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Here is a wiring diagram for the exterior lighting system on 2016-onwards.
Q83hcGI
No picture/diagram visible. Using Google, if I right click and select open image in new tab, then it comes up.

Peter

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
Where is the dome light on that light switch?
I talked to a sales man and told me it could work for the explorer just a few mods he told me to call him on monday to talk about the harness, and yes i noticed that on the switch no dome light but since it is for mustangs maybe they have an external dome switch really don't know

Jaywhitsitt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Avon Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU
I have dug in as well trying to add fogs to my 2016 PIU. It already has the lenses in the front bumper they were utilized for EM flashers. I bought a switch with fog, a $5 pinout tool from Amazon but am stuck trying to find a diagram link that actually works. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram with pin schematic? When I put the new switch in and hit the fog switch my dome light comes on. I can de-pin and move/add wires where necessary just cannot seem to get necessary info!