Adding Heated 2nd Row Seats 2017 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Heated 2nd Row Seats 2017 Explorer

Gltomp

Reaction score
City, State
Horseheads
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hello All...

Recently purchased a 2017 Explorer Sport. I thought it had heated 2nd row seating - but was wrong.
So my question: Can the seats be removed and a heating module placed under them... then rewired so Sync 3 can operate?

Thanks in advance for answers.
Gltomp

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have a 2nd-row bench or the buckets? I read a thread where a member was planning to install the heating pads but unfortunately he never followed up on his initial post. In order to have heated seats, they have to be perforated. If you don't have the heated seat then it is likely they are also not perforated to allow for the heat to dissipate. In the 2017 Platinum I had, there were control switches on the rear of the front console.

Peter

Attachments

• 2nd row heat.JPG
    2nd row heat.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 98

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have a 2nd-row bench or the buckets? I read a thread where a member was planning to install the heating pads but unfortunately he never followed up on his initial post. In order to have heated seats, they have to be perforated. If you don't have the heated seat then it is likely they are also not perforated to allow for the heat to dissipate. In the 2017 Platinum I had, there were control switches on the rear of the front console.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
We have buckets in the 2nd row. I saw control switches behind the front seats and... assumed the 2nd row was heated. Guess I'll check with the Quick Lube guys or the Service Manager at the local dealership. It's not a big deal, but we do have 2nd row passengers once in awhile - and us 'older folk' like warm buns on cool crisp days. :cool:

Back