• Register Today It's free!

Adding intelligent access?

Wislnby

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer, XLT
Does anyone know if I can add intelligent access to my xlt explorer?

Seems weird that it wouldn’t just be a standard feature considering it is already using the functionality for the rear hatch.

Anyways, in my head the vehicle already has what it needs for functionality other than maybe a new door handle with the sensor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if that is possible. Do you have push-button start? The Intelligent access feature is usually always shown along with push-button start.
I'm sure that there will also be wiring and programming involved.
The Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start feature is available as either an option or in higher trim levels. It is part of the marketing process.

Peter

I'm not sure if that is possible. Do you have push-button start? The Intelligent access feature is usually always shown along with push-button start.
I'm sure that there will also be wiring and programming involved.
The Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start feature is available as either an option or in higher trim levels. It is part of the marketing process.

Peter
I have push button start. I asked I another forum and people are saying I likely have it but there may be a fault or factory setting that needs to be changed.

I have push button start. I asked I another forum and people are saying I likely have it but there may be a fault or factory setting that needs to be changed.
I doubt that it would be as easy as changing a setting. I'm sure that sensors would be required as well. I have read several posts by those members who have been using FORScan to change OEM settings for various features, but I don't recall Intelligent Access being one of them. The FORScan guys would probably know for sure about the settings.

Peter

I doubt that it would be as easy as changing a setting. I'm sure that sensors would be required as well. I have read several posts by those members who have been using FORScan to change OEM settings for various features, but I don't recall Intelligent Access being one of them. The FORScan guys would probably know for sure about the settings.

Peter
This topic inspired me to do this! LOL Seriously though I know that on the 2018 Fusion SE at work it has push button start but you have to unlock the door using the FOB and it doesn't have the touch to unlock and lock door exterior handles. Not sure but the XLT may be the same way?

Attachments

• 1129899-011519.jpg
    1129899-011519.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 93

As per the 2020 Order Guide, Intelligent Access is standard on the XLT (stated under Standard Equipment - Functional). It is not available only on the base model (fleet). Take it to the dealer to check it.

XLT's come stock with this.

Push button start
Unlock the car by having the fob in your pocket, then just grab a door handle, car will unlock
Lock the car by having the fob in your pocket and then touch the top of the handle where the lock symbol is. Hard to see but look close

If your XLT does not do this, I would go to the dealer. I would also verify you have an XLT vs the base.

As per the 2020 Order Guide, Intelligent Access is standard on the XLT (stated under Standard Equipment - Functional). It is not available only on the base model (fleet). Take it to the dealer to check it.
Good catch Omar. I forgot to check that out.

Peter

Back