Adding OEM fog lights to 2020 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Adding OEM fog lights to 2020 Explorer

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
This is the part you mentioned. 2020 Ford Wire Harness L1MZ-15K867-BB | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake.
Here is the Fordparts description; https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...s/wire-parking-distance-aid-sensor-11841025-1
Autonation shows L1MZ-15K867-BE as the harness as Without auto park, with fog lamps. 2020 Ford Wire Harness L1MZ-15K867-BE | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
As you discovered, there is no listing in the Manual for either a fuse or relay for Fog Lamps.

Peter
Call FORD PARTS 844 589 0060 Ask them to read the part descriptions I did ....the part was delivered last Saturday I installed after verifying the plugs and pins lined up.
shop-parts

Attachments

• C748EA93-3DDC-44BA-9DD5-574E8AAA058F.jpeg
    C748EA93-3DDC-44BA-9DD5-574E8AAA058F.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 57

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
It appears that same harness is also used in the 5th gen Explorer.

Peter

northvibe

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I added fog lights to my 2020 XLT and used Forscan to enable the dash icon and the BdyCM The problem is I cannot get them to work...looking for any info regarding a fuse or relay location....Village Ford has the best prices so far.....The harness mention is incorrect meaning Ford's description is different than what FORD Parts has when on phone with them.....L1MZ-15K867-BB $70.14 Not the one ending in BE

I installed and verified Pin outs when I plugged it into Harness Driverside behind inner fender. Now with that said I cannot find any info on fuse or relay if they exists. next step trying find as built info to change. guessing the Headlight control module may need a setting changed

I didn't push any further, as I thought the harness was the full harness. Sounds like you've made some headway. If you move over to the oem foglight thread, can you post your part numbers? Did you get the new button setup for the fogs? I heard a relay on the brake lights so I bet there is a relay for the fogs, not sure if that is in the switch or somewhere else.

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
Figured this comes up with every model/gen, I'll start the thread and any information can be added as progress is made.

I have an XLT w/o fog lights. I would like them, but for ease of functionality, they will need to be stock for me to want to do the mod.

I assume we need:
fog lights
black plastic fog light surround
Harness for fogs lights
light switch knob
Programming in forscan to enable

So far part wise:
Harness - Without auto park, with fog lamps.
L1MZ-15K867-BE

Left trim w/ fog
LB5Z-15266-AA

Left fog lamp
LB5Z-15201-A

Right trim w/ fog
LB5Z-15266-AB

Right Fog lamp
LB5Z-15200-C

Headlight switch - Power lift gate, without interceptor, 2.3L, 3.0L with fog lamps.
LB5Z-11654-FA

Need to look into some of the forscan settings if there are any foglight enable.
I used ForScan to enable fog lights, I now have a green foglight icon on dash when fog lights are turned on. Unfortunately that's the only thing that does light up. The fog lights do not turn on... My next step is to try and find as bulit with fog lights and compare the settings after spending hours on the Motocraft site following wiring diagrams it seems the BCM module is either missing the FET's or they are disabled and need to be changed in the as built section which requires a known address. IPC BCM settings have been done via enable

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
The BCM module supplies the Voltage and protects circuitS using FET’s On each light feed
I have enabled the all TheFog options in BCM and IFC modules still no 12vdv

waiting for asbuilt codes to modify BCM

northvibe

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
The BCM module supplies the Voltage and protects circuitS using FET’s On each light feed
I have enabled the all TheFog options in BCM and IFC modules still no 12vdv

waiting for asbuilt codes to modify BCM

if the moderator can move thread that’s fine with me

i posted a thread of a large handful of asbuilt codes for models of explorers with different features. That may be what you’re looking for?

edit: here is my post with lots of asbuilt sheets 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

bradpaht

Reaction score
City, State
onion lake
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ford explorer xlt
Hello,

I'm new to the form so if there is already a thread with this question then sorry. I'm buying my wife a 2020 XLT and it bothers me that it's not coming with fog lights. Does the 2020 have many aftermarket companies that make these lights and if so are they easy to install?

Thanks in advance :chug::usa:
following, same issue

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Brad. :wave:
They are included with the XLT 202A package.

Peter

HaiderNC

Reaction score
City, State
Holly Springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Sea Ray,, Has anyone made any progress with adding fog lights? I have access to fog lights, the trims, and forscan. Just need the harness and light switch. But before I buy anything, wanted to check if anyone made any progress.

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
Sea Ray,, Has anyone made any progress with adding fog lights? I have access to fog lights, the trims, and forscan. Just need the harness and light switch. But before I buy anything, wanted to check if anyone made any progress.
Forget forscan the BCM does support fog lamps. I ended up taping into the parking lamp wire and ran that to a relay. Fog lights come on with parking lamps along with head lights when turned on. The current draw for fog lamps is less than 1 amp. In hind sight I wish I just spent the extra $$$$$ when I bought it. I have some video and pictures I'll post with a link to my Dropbox account.

aaobaidan

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer XLT 202A
Here is a technician who tried to enable them and he succeeded