Adding One Touch to rear windows 2018 Explorer Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding One Touch to rear windows 2018 Explorer Sport?

SoCalHarley

Reaction score
City, State
Savannah, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Is it possible to add One Touch to the rear windows of my 2018 Explorer Sport? I am familiar with aftermarket modules such as AutoLoc but wanted to see if the OEM system used in front windows could be added to rear and then controlled with Key Fob as part of the Global Window opening function. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe this has come up before but I'm not able to find anything on it nor can I recall what the answer was. Just guessing that you may have to change the rear window motors. I don't know if different wiring is required but likely some programming would have to be done. :dunno:
Not much help I know but hopefully someone with a little more insight will reply. Stay safe.

Peter

I believe this has come up before but I'm not able to find anything on it nor can I recall what the answer was. Just guessing that you may have to change the rear window motors. I don't know if different wiring is required but likely some programming would have to be done. :dunno:
Not much help I know but hopefully someone with a little more insight will reply. Stay safe.

Peter
Thanks Peter. I did just purchase the ForScan program and ELM327 device so programming will not be a problem. I am really surprised there is no One Touch on the rear windows. Curious if any 5th Gen explorers have One Touch on the rear windows. Probably should have checked into this as well.

As far as I know, the One Touch on the rear windows is not a feature of the 5th gen Explorer. My 2017 Platinum did not have it. The 2020 Explorer also does not have it. Out of curiosity, I just checked my Aviator and it does have One Touch on the rear windows.

Peter

As far as I know, the One Touch on the rear windows is not a feature of the 5th gen Explorer. My 2017 Platinum did not have it. The 2020 Explorer also does not have it. Out of curiosity, I just checked my Aviator and it does have One Touch on the rear windows.

Peter
Interesting that your new Lincoln has it and none of the Explorers do not. Guess it comes down to cost. Curious what is different between the parts/wiring on the Explorer and Lincoln. I would be open to using the aftermarket modules on the rear doors but I don't think they would work with the Key Fob function.

Looking at the wire diagrams it is different. New motor, switches and door wiring would be necessary. It is very possible though looking at the schematics.

Back