Adding Sirius SAT? Got my 2020 PIU with Sync | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Sirius SAT? Got my 2020 PIU with Sync

hardware1197

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Police Utility
SO it wasn't easy but I got my PIU with Sync WITHOUT getting the Interior Upgrade Package by ordering the 12.1" integrated touch screen. So It has the AppLink and the FordPass features and I can even lock it/unlock it and start it from anywhere via the InterTubes......

Adding Sirius to my 2014 Police Utility was an involved process: Got an APIM from a wrecked Explorer with Sync, Replaced the 2 coax antenna cable in the kick panel and then had to reflash the PCM - But it worked!

I've heard it could be much less involved to get SiriusXM enabled on my 2020.....Some reading has a reprogram of the APIM only......anyone have any information to help me out?

-Dave

All 2020 PIU's have SYNC Connect and can be locked/unlock, remote started via the FordPass app.

Its not exactly the same, but potentially you could use the Ford+Alexa app through applink to get a reasonably solid Sirius XM experience going. For super low effort and free.

Back