Adding Siruis to 2014 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Siruis to 2014 ford explorer

Ben-t59

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer base model
I have a 2014 explorer base model with no Sync. I am trying to add Sirius radio. I have installed a new ACM that has Sirius radio along with the correct antenna. I went into programming under the ACM and it has the correct codes for that ACM. I got the as-builts for the ACM that I installed from the VIN from the donor vehicle. Is there somewhere else in the programming that I need to change in order to activate the Sirius radio? Any help would be appreciated. please let me know if there is another thread that has this information in it.

Welcome to the Forum Ben.:wave:
In order to activate Sirius you have to provide Sirius/XM with the ESN number which usually shows on the MFT screen under a setting in the Entertainment quadrant. I'm not sure where/how to find it on the Base radio setup.

Peter

I know I need the ESN number when I push the Sirius button it doesn't give me the ESN number It says to contact dealer. So there must be some other code needed to recognize the new ACM that has Sirius.

I know I need the ESN number when I push the Sirius button it doesn't give me the ESN number It says to contact dealer. So there must be some other code needed to recognize the new ACM that has Sirius.
Okay, thanks Ben. I wasn't quite sure exactly what you were after. I put this into Google search "how to get esn number for sirius radio" and it provided several results. I don't know if you've done that or tried the things that popped up.

Peter

Back