adjust your TPS (another free hp mod) | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

I have a question. I cannot seem to remove the TPS sensor from the Throttlebody. When I try to loosen the hex screw it just becomes unbelievably impossible to remove it. It literally takes all my muslce force to twist it half a turn, and im scared of literally balding the screw.

Maybe just leave it alone then?

Electric fan might be more worth your time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a fun read lol.
I am going to try this in an effort to better my ecconomy. I will post my findings when done just so somebody can tell me I'm full of it if it helped me out ;)

..I am getting a new Motorcraft TPS as I have a stock original I believe but wanted to post my initial findings here..

Tested while installed on truck

Original Ford

Ohms test = 378
Volt test closed = .81
Volt test WOT = 4.47

New Motorcraft part

Ohms test = 426
Volt test closed = .97
Volt test WOT =4.69

I did this on mine the other day. went from .89 to .96. It did feel like the idel smoothed out. I didnt notice any other real differences, but for free - at least now I know what it did for me. Took me all of 15 minutes.

This is impossable right?

Hi so I sae this and thought it would be a good wasy to get exra tim ein determining why I have been running so rough lately. Which already started out bad when one of the bolts had seized up and broke partway any making, meaning I had to drill it out oh well Iguess I had the drill out anyways. but here's my question I took a look at the voltage of the tps twice to check and I got 4 volts now you said the normal is like just under , right (.97?) Is this big of a difference possabie and if it is that doesn't mean I need a new comp does it? i have also been running se;f diagnostics fairly regularly and I neve get any koeo codes mostly coninuous (yeah I clear them)the o^2 sensors been the main culpret mostly sayin mixtrue too rich (most of the time) It's relly rich I mean too lean so 0^2 clike you can smell the from like five feet awa yesterdy it it said too len the other two codes I get from the continuous test (and I aalways get both Are maf faults one sauing voltage too low the other saying too high. And then everyonce and a while I get con't control throttle , but I dod ajus tthe cab'e last night

.56 Initially

got .56v and bored out some massive holes to get it to .96

it seemed to help; but the throttle-to-acceleration seems uneven to me, and inconsistent. some days it will leap forward with only the slightest touch, and others i have to give it more than half just to get it to move reasonably. (almost identical driving conditions) the engine seems louder/less smooth on the latter days.

also having intermittent rough idle and bogging. no codes.

MAF/plugs/wires/coil pack are less than a month old. Replacing MAF helped issue slightly.

Back