Adrenalin thoughts.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin thoughts....

Adrenalinn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 sport trac adrenalin
Bought my 2008 adrenalin last fall, absolutely love it so far,best truck ever built in my opinion. Looking for advice, my truck is at 145,xxxkm trying to decide if I should keep it or try and find a 2010 with heated seats (Canada) and NO NAV, worth it or keep mine? What are you guys getting for mileage before major breakage of expensive stuff??!!!?

Thanks

Jeremy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2010 with only 35,000 miles and a bumper to bumper warranty until 90,000. The peace of mind that comes with the Ford warranty is nice. I do love the truck, waited about a year to find a low milage V8 that wasn't ragged out. Finally found this 1 owner truck and probably paid too much for it, but I have no regrets. If your 08 runs well but you want to get a newer low mileage one, take your time and and search for what you want!

I have a 2010 with only 35,000 miles and a bumper to bumper warranty until 90,000. The peace of mind that comes with the Ford warranty is nice. I do love the truck, waited about a year to find a low milage V8 that wasn't ragged out. Finally found this 1 owner truck and probably paid too much for it, but I have no regrets. If your 08 runs well but you want to get a newer low mileage one, take your time and and search for what you want!

Yeah finding one that is not all thrashed seem somewhat hard, they all look good at first, but I think I found two, one seems a little better than the other with some elements that are better than others and it costs less, both 40-50k ish miles, but not all ragged out for sure in both cases.

Blue has some issues owner used the back hard and Silver has more paint issues than the blue one, blue costs $10k more, not sure why and silver will take longer to get to me, blue east coast and silver west coast. Blue no Nav and Silver Nav.... REF post

Seemly leaning toward silver, nav and $10K less. That is a HUGE diff.

I searched for months and found a 2009 with 60,000 miles and a clean bill of health. Added a 5 year bumper to bumper and I'm happy as can be! Worth the wait! I briefly compared it to a 2012 Colorado and the Tech and ride from the Sport Trac was years ahead of the Colorado. Even a 2015 can't really beat Ford's technology from 2009.

I searched for months and found a 2009 with 60,000 miles and a clean bill of health. Added a 5 year bumper to bumper and I'm happy as can be! Worth the wait! I briefly compared it to a 2012 Colorado and the Tech and ride from the Sport Trac was years ahead of the Colorado. Even a 2015 can't really beat Ford's technology from 2009.

So I get what you are saying, we tested a fulled loaded Colorado 2016 and they are not bad, but they have some quality issues that really bug me for the price, again we are talking $37 - 40k and now I have to fix things, like the hood so it does not wave in the wind at 75MPH, the worse part is these CVT transmissions. The seats are not good and so on. You do not get power when you want it, or the fact that it has so many recalls, GM scares me anymore, I have never owned a Ford, but the STA is something I really want to own.

I test drove a ST Limited and loved the seats, the drive comfort, the size, the power and so on. We are super exited to be soon getting an STA and not have to spent $40k doing it, not even sure how you afford that, but people do.

Love the look of the new F150 but not the price again, nor do we need that size and it's kinda sloppy when driving it. The Ram 1500 was our fav, but again price and huge and crash test is bad and they lose value super fast looking good doing it.

So we buy an STA and wait on the 2018 Ford Ranger?, it's coming back for sure, but not sure when and it will be pricey for sure. Then we need to wait and make sure they workout any bug(s) and the price drops after it's lightly used, then buy one maybe.

ranger-new-front-876.jpg

Also tried the Toyota Tacoma's 2013-2015, loved those, but at $33 - $35k ish, what are you getting more, plus we tested a 2016 Toyota Tacoma these new CVT transmissions that are in 2016+ with a $35k - 40k sticker, I do not like this in any car.

Plus the new 2016 back seats are weird, not a good design at all, the seats in the STA are way beyond nice, they remind me of the 2016 Ram 1500 Limited again a $50k + truck.

So that what another 5 years maybe to see a new Ranger, the STA will be great for 5 years + and if and when you find one that not all ragged out, you pay $22k - $27k, some want $30k and one wants $32k, but that seems high for all but 50k miles,

In all cases it just seems like a better truck for the money. If it was $40k I would be out, I just don't see how even back in 2009-2010 they could MSRP them for anything close to what they asked for.

Hence why they sat on the lot and never sold, now we all want them since they are somewhat affordable. :)

I found one for around $23k that seems really clean, 51k miles, a few history issues, but nothing that is to crushing we think to make us run.

And maybe just maybe if we are lucky the new Ranger in 2018 will get 30 MPG. :p

I have a 2010 STA, red v-8 Awd fully loaded with 27,x.. miles. It just sits in the garage as its too nice to drive daily for the job i have. I have been thinking of selling it

So I get what you are saying, we tested a fulled loaded Colorado 2016 and they are not bad, but they have some quality issues that really bug me for the price, again we are talking $37 - 40k and now I have to fix things, like the hood so it does not wave in the wind at 75MPH, the worse part is these CVT transmissions. The seats are not good and so on. You do not get power when you want it, or the fact that it has so many recalls, GM scares me anymore, I have never owned a Ford, but the STA is something I really want to own.

I test drove a ST Limited and loved the seats, the drive comfort, the size, the power and so on. We are super exited to be soon getting an STA and not have to spent $40k doing it, not even sure how you afford that, but people do.

Love the look of the new F150 but not the price again, nor do we need that size and it's kinda sloppy when driving it. The Ram 1500 was our fav, but again price and huge and crash test is bad and they lose value super fast looking good doing it.

So we buy an STA and wait on the 2018 Ford Ranger?, it's coming back for sure, but not sure when and it will be pricey for sure. Then we need to wait and make sure they workout any bug(s) and the price drops after it's lightly used, then buy one maybe.

ranger-new-front-876.jpg

Also tried the Toyota Tacoma's 2013-2015, loved those, but at $33 - $35k ish, what are you getting more, plus we tested a 2016 Toyota Tacoma these new CVT transmissions that are in 2016+ with a $35k - 40k sticker, I do not like this in any car.

Plus the new 2016 back seats are weird, not a good design at all, the seats in the STA are way beyond nice, they remind me of the 2016 Ram 1500 Limited again a $50k + truck.

So that what another 5 years maybe to see a new Ranger, the STA will be great for 5 years + and if and when you find one that not all ragged out, you pay $22k - $27k, some want $30k and one wants $32k, but that seems high for all but 50k miles,

In all cases it just seems like a better truck for the money. If it was $40k I would be out, I just don't see how even back in 2009-2010 they could MSRP them for anything close to what they asked for.

Hence why they sat on the lot and never sold, now we all want them since they are somewhat affordable. :)

I found one for around $23k that seems really clean, 51k miles, a few history issues, but nothing that is to crushing we think to make us run.

And maybe just maybe if we are lucky the new Ranger in 2018 will get 30 MPG. :p

Dude the colorados and tacomas don't have CVT tyranny sin them but yes the 6 speed autos are lazy to down shift at times but are much better than the CVT transmissions used in cars and some crossover SUVs

Back