• Register Today It's free!

advanced ABS problem...

cantspell

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 xlt
ABS light comes on when i stop moving...

Hi there,
my ABS light is on, my front right wheel sensor was gone, it is now new...yet the light is still on???

It comes on when i start, if i turn the car off and on again while i'm driving, it will stay off until i come to a complete stop...any idea's...

as far as i know, the other sensors are working (so the dealer says), so i'm stumped!?
Thanks!

bump - anyone, anyone?

It is 4WD, thus has hubs with the ABS sensor bolted on? Often the ABS light will come on because of a slight missalignment of the sensor. The 4x4 sensors are less likely to have problems, because they are sealed from outside debris.

Carefully remove the front sensors, check to be sure all is clean, and full of grease in the hubs. Carefully attach the sensors, hand tightening and wiggling the sensors to make sure they are squarely set on the hubs. Either that will fix them, or the problem is something else. Good luck,

well the dealer did a scan, and found the front right out of commision, which is about right, as it was buried in 3 ft of mud/sand/water for a bit a while back...they said it was a wiring problem. But how can that be when it only stop functioning when i come to a comeple stop?

Back