Advancing songs on Spotify and Carplay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advancing songs on Spotify and Carplay

jdgonzalez

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Park, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
I just picked up my 2017 Explorer Limited the other day and was excited to play with Apple Carplay. For the most part it works as I expected. But one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to advance to the next song using the steering wheel controls when using spotify with Carplay. I can go to the center console and hit the seek button but no luck using the steering wheel controls. Am I missing something?

I had the same question a week ago. Use the arrow buttons on the right side of the steering wheel with the Bluetooth phone controls.

Instead of using the arrows i used the dual purpose answer/hang up buttons. I looked at the symbols and noticed they are forward and backward arrows. That made my day.

I just experienced this too. I've been driving the car around for nearly two years and just figured out by accident that the hang-up / pick-up buttons advance the songs. This is inconsistent with the up/down arrows being able to advance stations. But I'm at least happy I can do this now!

Back