Advice needed for a 2007 Explorer Limited. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Advice needed for a 2007 Explorer Limited.

Stand Up

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer V8
Hi
I've been F-150 & Explorer owner & lover for over 30 years. My beloved '93 Explorer XLT is in the "I've fallen & I can't get up" time of life.

I am looking at a 2007 Limited V8 -I don't need and am not used to that much luxury but in the last 6 months I've only found 6 V-8's within 150 miles of me. Of those 6, two sold while I was 'thinking' about them. I want to stay with Explorer and I need the V8 for the small horse trailer.

I am wondering how you folks feel about the 2007 Limited and beyond a mechanic lifting & looking, what specific items should we check for before purchase. The one I'm looking at has 42,000 miles and they are 'asking' $26,900.

Thank you

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
welcome

<

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
<

Bill MacLeod

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ltd V-8
IMO, the V-8 is the right choice for you. Lots of power, luxury of a Limited, sounds like you know what you want. Its like night/day difference over a 1st generation.

Price eseems kinda high, with the price of fuel these days, should be room to negotiate. Be aware that the V-8 is not fuel efficient.

Get an Oasis report from a dealer and maybe even a carfax report.

<

EX-SV

Reaction score
City, State
northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
owned a 07 EBV8 4x4
Welcome.

Price is high by 15-20%, but plenty of room to negotiate down. I agree that high gas prices aren't helping resales values of any Explorers.

The V8 is worth the trouble to seek-out, even new it was only a $1200 option. Much more power, smoothness, refinement, 6 speed tranny, giving a slight advantage fuel economy advantage too.

Best of luck with your truck shopping.

<

Brent60

Reaction score
City, State
Falls Church, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Eddie Bauer
Agreed I just purchased an 09 Eddie Bauer loaded even with the 2nd Gen DVD player/Jukebox/Sync thing lol for 26,900 and it only had 16,000 miles on it.

<