aem brute force, 98 explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aem brute force, 98 explorer sport

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
ju bout an aem brute force intake for my 98 explorer sport and the tubing doesent fit ... i put on the filter and jus used my stock ruber/plastic tubing... am i losing the power by using the stock tubing and not using the new aem tubing... i have a call in to get the right size tubes sent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the aem tubing larger? I would say that you aren't losing much power, if any, because only a certain amount can flow in, and as long as the intake is pretty free flowing, I doubt the tubes are a problem. In general, the most restrictive part is the stock airbox, not the tubing.

its not like the aem tubing was any like larger thickness wise the tubing was too long length wise... and the manual said it was for a ford ranger which i thought it would still fit for my 98 explorer but it obviously didnt... so hopefully all they ned to do is send shorter tubes and i dont have to take out the intake and install a different/new one... however it would be nice to actually have the right intake if they did send me the wrong one

They may or may not send you the right tube since you said you ordered for a Ranger and then put it on an Explorer. Hopefully they will help you out though. I can't see paying that much for an intake, but then not have the tube, one the expensive parts, not fit.

Dan

its not like the aem tubing was any like larger thickness wise the tubing was too long length wise... and the manual said it was for a ford ranger which i thought it would still fit for my 98 explorer but it obviously didnt... so hopefully all they ned to do is send shorter tubes and i dont have to take out the intake and install a different/new one... however it would be nice to actually have the right intake if they did send me the wrong one

Hmmmm, 'tubing too long lenghtwise', can't you just trim it to fit with a hacksaw mate?? :rolleyes: or if the old tubing works, just ask for a partial refund, ya' think? :)

Back