Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aerostar a4ld

First I want to thank BrooklynBay for all the work that has been done by him for great info and links. You make my life a lot easier. Other posters have also done extensive work. My problem is I need to find some info on what auto trans will fit my 93 Aerostar 3.0 2wd. It now is a4ld but when I try to find replacement I am being told that earlier years won't work and that 95 wont work. Can someone point me in the direction to find this info. I am in the process of trying to figure my problem. It has lots of miles on it. At least 220,000 and is a rebuild before I got it. It has been painted blue w/red circle on pan. I have changed filter. Reverse is fine. Would jump into low gear after revving the motor a little while in drive. Now it has no forward gears only reverse. I have bought a pressure gauge and waiting for it to arrive. Glaciers post on pressure seems straight forward to follow. I'm afraid with all them miles probably just wore out. Gonna check the valve body and maybe the governor. Modulator line is dry. I don't have a vacuum gauge yet. I would like to check the pressure before I start taking it apart. Any suggestions? This is just around town driver van. I'm getting older now,59, but have always enjoyed working on cars. This is a great site. Thanks to all.:usa::salute::usa:

a4ld

Thanks. Somehow I knew you would have the answer.:salute::usa: Best to ya!!

A few axle codes to add to the list. These are for the 86-89 dana 30.
12 4.10
13 3.45
14 3.73

Back