aFe Magnum Force air intake system for 2016 Platinum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aFe Magnum Force air intake system for 2016 Platinum

Yeah, but not in power, it only makes 0.5 seconds if not less in 0-60 mph and if you add CAI you could be back to square one.

Dude of course a tune adds power. It allows the turbos to spin faster and fuel pump compensates. More air and fuel = more power. A CAI theoretically allows more cold, dense air in, which in turn requires more fuel which creates more power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, but not in power, it only makes 0.5 seconds if not less in 0-60 mph and if you add CAI you could be back to square one.

And a half second improvement in 0-60 is a ton. From just a tune. That's outstanding gains.

I'm actually lookin to buy an AirAid CAI but like most have stated, a CAI is def not gonna give you really anything as far as HP goes, just a more aggressive sound.

I dunno about the Explorer but I had a Dodge Charger RT and it was proven that a K & N CAI actually decreased HP. This was tested on several different vehicles on a dyno.

Dude of course a tune adds power. It allows the turbos to spin faster and fuel pump compensates. More air and fuel = more power. A CAI theoretically allows more cold, dense air in, which in turn requires more fuel which creates more power.

When you have a moment could you send me a link to some of the testing that shows a CAI that pulls in air that's actually colder than the engine compartment air?

Unless the CAI is engineered to fit tight against the hood when it's closed then all its pulling is hot engine air.

When you have a moment could you send me a link to some of the testing that shows a CAI that pulls in air that's actually colder than the engine compartment air?

Unless the CAI is engineered to fit tight against the hood when it's closed then all its pulling is hot engine air.

Yeah I have never seen anything proven on our Explorers. Manufacturers have found a way to get the most out of quiet stock intakes these days, I guess. On older vehicles, especially turbocharged or supercharged, it definitely makes a difference. I don't know of anyone with an 03 Cobra on SVTPerformance.com with a stock intake.

I like the CAI on my X just for the cool turbo spinning and whooshing sounds. :chug:

It's REDICULOUS how much they charge for noise makers lol

Back