• Register Today It's free!

AFE Stage2 CAI

sau975

Reaction score
City, State
NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Exp Limited 3.5L NA
Good morning folks. I'm installing an AFE Stage2 cai today, onto a 3.5NA expl. limited. Already running the Livernois 91 Performance tune for a year now. Highly recommend this tune. MPG actually went up 1.4+

2017 Explorer 3.5L NA doesn't seem to have the MAS anywhere on the OEM intake tube.
AFE kit comes with a cover plate to block the MAS, so thats good. But where did Ford put the thing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

You don't have a MAF.

no MAF anywhere on the intake tube, where you would expect to have one. Guess thats a good thing, less cleaning. haha.

Well darn, AFE forgot to package a thread-in hose fitting. :(
and i,m pretty sure the back vent hose they sent, is 3" too short.

n/a is naturally aspirated?

Welcome to the Forum Chris.:wave:
Yes, you are correct.

Peter
Thanks! :D I was confused at first because i didn’t think AFE made a cai for the 3.5L ecoboost Explorer.

It seems like there’s plenty of upgrades available for the F-150 but not the Explorer. Are there fitment issues with buying parts for the 1st gen ecoboost f-150 engines? Aren’t they the same as the current direct injection engines in the explorers?

fitment on the 3.5na explorer was precise. MPG went up 2.0, sounds great, nice low rumble, not a annoying at all.
mid range response improved some.

Just added a Pedal Commander , Good times!!! :thumbsup:

fitment on the 3.5na explorer was precise. MPG went up 2.0, sounds great, nice low rumble, not a annoying at all.

A CAI pushed you up 2mpg? From what? What type of driving? Seems pretty incredible.

I saw on their website you can buy the optional cover to completely enclose the filter

Yep went with cover.

Back