• Register Today It's free!

after market billet grills

m4dc0w

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 97XL
I notice a lot of you have billet grills installed behind the grills, and see them everywhere on ebay.

I have one question, how do you access the hood latch with them installed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Um, I'm new to the Explorer scene, but isn't the latch up under the lip of the hood? I thought it was like that on mine anyways...

yup.. 1st gens have it in the grill..

I notice a lot of you have billet grills installed behind the grills, and see them everywhere on ebay.

I have one question, how do you access the hood latch with them installed?

i have the billet grill insert thats always on ebay for around $50, it comes with an extended latch, you just have to use a screw driver or somethin to hit the latch...it connects to the stock latch and hangs down...once you get the kit youll see...

I discovered this issue after i put a billet grille on my 96 i welded an extension to the stock latch release so now i just reach in the hole in the bumper no problem

I discovered this issue after i put a billet grille on my 96 i welded an extension to the stock latch release so now i just reach in the hole in the bumper no problem

lol eh no welding needed here....extended latch just bolts onto the stock one with a single screw...

Um, I'm new to the Explorer scene, but isn't the latch up under the lip of the hood? I thought it was like that on mine anyways...

The 98's and above are under the lip of the hood, the older ones are through the grill.

Are the billet grilles from Ebay worth it?? (Build quality, etc)

I'm going to be getting the Upper and Lower set from grille4you

Back