• Register Today It's free!

After Market Bumpers

Eli-Mo

Reaction score
City, State
Bealeton,Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer,1993 Navajo
I'm havin a hard time finding aftermarket bumpers for my '93 xploder & '93 Navajo and was wondering if anyone knows of a company that has them with winch mounts and sturdy tow hooks.Was also wondering if anyone has installed bigger injectors and was it worth the money?I love my xploder but the 4.slow needs more for me.Sorry I'm a Chevrolet man and I love the 4.3 Vortec and want my 4.slow to perform better.Thanx for any advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the 4.3 too but it's perfromance numbers are about equal to the 4.0, you probably have tall gears making the 4.0 feel like a dog.

are you stilll tryin to find guys for that bumper i am very interested in it what is dollar price

Eli,
The 4.0L in the first generation isn't a very strong motor according to the HP numbers, but for most it's plenty sturdy and tough with enough torque to move it the way it's needed. The problems lie not with the motor, but with the transmissions that are installed with them. With a lot of work and money you can get good numbers out of these engines, but best advice is to treat it properly and keep up with the maintenance.

Also, installing bigger injectors won't do anything for a stock motor... You'd have to get into the 300HP range from what I know to even need consider changing out injectors. Btw, our motors don't top 200HP new, so you have a LOT of work to do...

But if you're still interested in getting some serious performance/power, I'd advise reading through Creagers build-up thread and go from there.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152071

X2 and like he said the stock injectors provide plenty of fuel and wouldnt need upgrading even if you bought all the bolt ons you could possibly get for the 4.0(with the exception of a turbo or supercharger).

There arent too many options for bumpers but theres potsy(listed above) and theres also kennesaw, which is what I have, and then theres also your local fab shop:D

Back