After Market Hitch And Cargo Carrier Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

After Market Hitch And Cargo Carrier Question

JEden8

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
So we just purchased our 2013 Explorer Limited but it unfortunately did not have the tow package. We currently own a hitch mounted cargo carrier and are about to go on a road trip from Florida to Michigan and are looking to utilize our hitch mounted carrier. My question is with the aftermarket hitches on these vehicles it places the cargo carrier in front of the exhaust. We have one of the weather proof bags to go on the cargo carrier but I am worried about it being right in front of the exhaust. Anyone have any input/advice on this?

So we just purchased our 2013 Explorer Limited but it unfortunately did not have the tow package. We currently own a hitch mounted cargo carrier and are about to go on a road trip from Florida to Michigan and are looking to utilize our hitch mounted carrier. My question is with the aftermarket hitches on these vehicles it places the cargo carrier in front of the exhaust. We have one of the weather proof bags to go on the cargo carrier but I am worried about it being right in front of the exhaust. Anyone have any input/advice on this?
Welcome to the Forum JEden8.:wavey:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you particular predicament nor have I run across any similar posts. I am sure that any member that has come across this issue will respond and help you out.
Good luck and happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

Back