• Register Today It's free!

After Market Hitch...

RangRayy

Reaction score
City, State
Suburbia Hell Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
I have a 99 xlt and i've been looking around for an after market hitch system. Havent had much luck. Found some good ones that werent very cheap though. Im not looking for anything that is massive and rated to tow a building. Just something to have for an extra spot to hook a chain to. Also i've working on a setup for a spare tire mount to go into the hitch. I was at walmart and I looked at what the offered. None of the brackets fit an Explorer. So I was wondering since it offers it for a Ranger, wouldnt the Ranger and Explorer have the same chasis or frame?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ranger is narrower in the rear, I have the U-haul hitch on my Explorer and it seems to work pretty good.

tractor supply company has a hitch that fits explorers for about $130

I have the U-haul hitch on my Explorer and it seems to work pretty good.

That's priceless. Have them install or sell you the hitch, then ask them to hook up one of their trailers to it. no good worthless dumb ass idiots.

There has never, EVER , EVER been a Uhaul that has EVER been anything less then a complete RIPOFF pain in the ass.

I had a 5 pin connector for a trailer on my truck. (One female, 4 male pinned- we all know it, its a regular connector)

They bring up a trailer, and its harness is BARE WIRES, I mean STRIPPED and FRAYED wire!

They tell me I have to buy a harness kit and pay to have them attach it.
TO THIER TRAILER!

It was an emergengy on my part, and thier LAST trailer, (hence the mangled wires).

So, when I was done, I returned the trailer just as it was given to me, minus the harness.

I loved the angry guy on the phone.
I laughed a bit audibly from time to time during his rant.

Then hung up.

HAHAHA! U-hole! They ordered the same hitch for me 4 times in a row.

They always got the wrong hitch in. The tried to get me to pay for all 4. Like WTF!

How can you not compare the model numbers are realize they are wrong!

I tried but could not find the news article of last year from my town...but the po-po set up an "vehicle safety" spot check near a u-hole. All u-hole custies had to pass through this area when they left the store. All but one u-hole customer had their u-hole truck taken off the road for failing basic highway safetly laws. It was hilarious, there was a lineup of 20 u-hole trucks on the side of the road on the front page of the paper.

U-hole refused to reimburse those custies - some law suite is pending or settled or nobody gave a hoot.

BTW - I have a Curt band (www.curtmfg.com) hitch on my truck - could not have been happier! It was the cheapest by far. The paint peeled off one side of the hitch. I called Curt, a week later thay had a new one on my doorstep with a prepaid label to send the old one back.

The Uhual hithch was already on the explorer when I bought it, but I do know that Uhual is not the one who makes the hitch so I am fine with it.

The Uhual hithch was already on the explorer when I bought it, but I do know that Uhual is not the one who makes the hitch so I am fine with it.

Word. UHaul slaps their sticker ontop of whatever hitch they can get for cheapest.

If your lucky it will be a Reese hitch.

Back