• Register Today It's free!

after market MAF

MadMike6786

Reaction score
City, State
hillsborough, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
hey guyz i just put on a new thorrtle body the mustang 4.6 ford racing TB and now im looking for a MAF to replace the stock one cept i cant find one. has any one bought an after market MAF for an 4.0 SOHC? where? and how much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

C&L, bamachips can get them, $180 (I think). It's just a MAF body (you use stock electronics which are more than adequate). I have one. Seemed to make a difference, albeit subtle.

he got the C&L from Bama Chips

Read my post again.

Hints:
C&L=manufacturer of MAF products
bamachips=seller of C&L products

EDIT: Thanks Monmix. :D

lol thanks celly for the break down of the post i just had a stupid moment =D

i have the K&N FIPK and theres 4 bolts that the stock MAF bolts up to the heat shield... i doubt the C&L would work =( i saw on explorer express that they have MAF's for every year but the 98 would on of the 99 work? http://www.explorerexpress.com/catalog/pages/stage2v6.html

your air filter attaches right to the C&L with a hose clamp... http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2528 click on installation instructions. that is what my set up looks like if you look at the heat sheild there are for bolts and thats where it bolts up and i have this big ass filter to go along with it. did u have to buy a new filter to fit it?

Look up Gratanelli (not sure about the sp) and Pro-M

thanks AFBOY the Pro-M will work its a 95MM one big MAF only $250 although i didnt find one for the grantanelli but the asking price for those are like $550 lol basically enough said there.

Has any one used the Pro-M MAF?

just do a lil search on it

What do you think of the bigger TB?

Pro-M works, but is totally not worth the money spent for what amounts to almost no gain.
Just so you consider the source, I am currently using one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aldive said:
Why not go with your stock sensor in a C & L housing?

That combo is a pr oven power gainer.
So is the Pro-m Al, with the proper tune

Back