Aftercooler estimate | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftercooler estimate

I'm getting disapointed when I take my explorer out for a nite on the town and after a few red light to red light sprints it gets sluggish. Time for an aftercooler. I can find the right aftercooler (air to air), but I want and estimate on how much it would be to plumb the pipe needed for my X. Also, someone said I'd have to reverse the direction of my supercharger if I used an Intercooler, would I have to do it with an aftercooler.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ChopinOn22s said:
Unfortunately, you can't do the brown wire mod on the AWD, only 4WD. I guess I could take off the front driveshaft, but don't know how accurate it would be.
I see. Thought it was for AWD.

blk mk8 said:
i think a intercooler should add about 30 hp to the tires on your truck. there is room to put a front mount also you can make a air to water.

So, if you were able to run the inter/after cooler system and a methanol/H2O injection system, would there be a peak benefit of both combined rather than one individually?

Know anyone running both? I would expect a somewhat increased gain of both combined but most definitely not a sum of both advantages

you can stack as much intercooler as you want on there...... you can put methinal, ice in the water tank for the intercooler, and nitrous. you combined out put would be really really cold air. colder is better if you have enough room to add more timing and fuel. you will also run in to a problem tunning it and a problem of then possibly breaking the motor. i would go with just one or two cause three is over kill. also remeber you will meet a point of demnishing returns.

Could you put ice in the methanol resevior to make it even cooler?

back when i use to got to races with my freind elias we tried that some but we did not get good results also dry ice did not work either.

Back