Aftermarket Amplifier, speakers, and sub | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Amplifier, speakers, and sub

ichabodsteel

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Ltd
Anyone out there tried upgrading the amp, speakers, and sub on a 2011 Explorer with the Sony system?

I'm considering the JL audio stealthbox, replacing all door speakers and putting in some amps.

I'd like to see some install pics to give me some ideas for stealth install and not lose interior space.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone out there tried upgrading the amp, speakers, and sub on a 2011 Explorer with the Sony system?

I'm considering the JL audio stealthbox, replacing all door speakers and putting in some amps.

I'd like to see some install pics to give me some ideas for stealth install and not lose interior space.

I looked into the JL stealthbox until I realized you have to cut your rear panel in half.

Try posting in the modified forum. You might get more hits.

I looked into the JL stealthbox until I realized you have to cut your rear panel in half.

You actually just need to enlarge the opening slightly. Go to Jl's site. It has a step by step instruction which is very detailed. It looks like you can get it back to the original appearance if you decide to remove it later on.

Back