• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Aftermarket Chrome paint for front grill.

fordX302

Reaction score
City, State
Smyrna,De
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 AWD xlt
hey i was wondering if anyone has re-painted there factory grill with that aftermarket chrome-in-a-can paint u get at autozone. wondering if it would look like new. drop a line if you know anything about this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

performancenut

Reaction score
City, State
Eastern North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 5.0
I've never had any luck with this product and abandoned the concept many years ago. It basically is silver paint that loses luster and shine rather quickly. If you want a chrome shine, go new OEM replacement (big bucks) or aftermarket product.

fordX302

Reaction score
City, State
Smyrna,De
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 AWD xlt
so its looks good for a few months then it looks silver? yea oem is big money. id rather get a billet with shell. but funds r limited till i graduate trucking school. then i was going to get it. but you think it would stay on shiny for a couple month's??? or is it not even worth touching.......?

jeephater#1

Reaction score
City, State
concord nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 SPORT
i tryed it it was like a silver from the get go never did go true chrome, oh well go aftermarket and if you want try ebay cheap as you gonna get.

BlingNGasoline

Reaction score
City, State
Morristown, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
I have seen a true chrome like paint on ebay a coupple years ago. I think it was intended to paint hub caps or something. I have never used that stuff, but the stuff from autozone came out silver not chrome.