aftermarket fog lights for 2016 PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket fog lights for 2016 PIU

brick8

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU 3.7
Thinking of adding fog lights to my 2016 PIU. Using the search function, I found a few posts and it would appear that installing OEM fog lights would be fairly costly because of the stupid overly-stylized design of the front bumper. I came across these aftermarket LEDs on the auction site and wanted to see if anyone had tried them: New For 2016 2017 2018 Ford Explorer 2x LED Daytime Running Light Fog Lamp DRL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one has posted about those lights before. I wonder how they mount to a foglight housing without the actual foglight? All pictures are of them mounted on an OEM foglight.

Peter

I saw them too. I'm thinking the they aren't as bright as a "legit" fog light. Worse, it looks like they block the airflow to the front brakes. At least on my '16, that area ducts into the wheel well.

I saw them too. I'm thinking the they are as bright as a "legit" fog light. Worse, it looks like they block the airflow to the front brakes. At least on my '16, that area ducts into the wheel well.
Good catch. Not having an Explorer to compare with, I now seem to recall that there is an opening there. :thumbsup:

Peter

Bummer. I will keep looking for a solution.

Back