• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Grilles?

DIBeX

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I did a search and couldn't find any recent threads regarding replacement grilles. I'm looking to replace the satin silver grille on my XLT with something in chrome or black, maybe even body color like the Limiteds. I just don't care for the satin silver since it doesn't match anything else on the vehicle.

I haven't been able to find any aftermarket grilles anywhere. Does anyone know if they're even being produced for the 2011+ models? If not I may see if I can order the black grille from the new Sport model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't believe there is any replacement grilles besides the billet grilles. There are a few sema explorers that have custom grilles but none are mass produced.... If you don't like the silver color, just paint it.

Thanks for the info. I don't know how long it took for grilles to become available on previous model years, but since they're in year 3 of this body style I would've thought more options than the billet grilles would've been produced already.

If you don't like the silver color, just paint it.

I don't have the equipment or skill required for a professional looking and durable paint job. I guess I'll talk to the body shop guy the next time I go in for service.

I would go with a can of spray paint before I made my car look that bad. That grill on your newer Expy just doesn't cut it. Plus if you paint it yourself then you can choose whatever color you want !

Personally I think the billet grilles look cheap and just plain dog ugly. I'm also not a fan of deleting the emblem from the grille.

Billet grills?:rolleyes:
Add some spinner wheels, fender skirts, and some big ass mud flaps now then you got a smokin' look! :D
38388853bawlkx7.gif

Now thats interesting. Id like to see what it looks like on the vehicle.

Ditto. I'm still planning on holding out to see how much it would cost to replace the grille with the black one that's on the new Sport model, but if that's ridiculously overpriced this will probably be my best bet.

Thanks for the info. I don't know how long it took for grilles to become available on previous model years, but since they're in year 3 of this body style I would've thought more options than the billet grilles would've been produced already.

I don't have the equipment or skill required for a professional looking and durable paint job. I guess I'll talk to the body shop guy the next time I go in for service.
Where do u live? I'm putting a new grille on my 2013.

You are replying to a thread from 2012 and the OP last came online in 2013.

Back