Aftermarket head in 96EB

tonybabb

Reaction score
City, State
Morgan Hill California
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie Bauer
Hi,

I'm installing a Blaupunkt AM/FM CD to replace the original AM/FM Cassette - it's working fine but my wife wants a CD player. I thought it would be a piece of cake - silly me.... :( . I'm a newbie at this.

The 96EB has the JBL radio with an external amp at the back of the vehicle and electric antenna. First surprise - when I removed the old head found no antenna co-ax to plug into the new radio - OK - looked around and found the necessary adapter and antenna extension to connect to the new radio.

Now I'm trying to hook up the new radio to the existing power and speaker wiring and found the wiring harness (Metra - 70-5600) doesn't quite fit the existing harness connectors - the power connector is OK but the speaker connector doesn't fit. Double checked the Metra catalog and physically compared the existing radio with 4-5 other harnesses in the store - none fitted.

Does anyone have a part number for a wiring harness that will connect to the existing harness or am I going to have to cut wires - I'd much prefer a connector. If I have to cut wires is there anything special I should do to prevent interference or any other noise in the wires?

Thanks for any advice.

Tony

Back