• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket hoods

Quick

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I'm looking to replace my hood. The thing is heavy and when I waxed it, the small cracks in the paint were filled. I'm looking into a hood from usbody.com

They make them for a 89-92 Ranger.. will that fit my 93 Explorer? To my understanding the front is pretty much the same. If it doesn't fit, when other hoods can I get?

I want something with slots in it for air to get in (sort of like a ram air setup).

Let me know of any other places. I'm hoping I don't have to spend ALOT, but we'll see.

Thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup it will fit from 89-92 ranger. will fit 90-94 Xs....but you will have rework latch mechanism or use pins b/c the fiberglass are unfinished

i'm sure a good loss of 20lbs on a hood would increase the gas mpgs also. thats what happened when i took the old 96 bumper off. the new one is MUCH lighter

The one I want is for a 83-92 Ranger..

FFT-189.gif

fft189i.gif

And this is what it looks like. It's $469 unfortunally. I can't decide either to get it and if I'll have any problems attaching it.

Where did you find this hood? It looks great. I'm interested in finding a cowl hood. I want to make sure mud and water stay out of the air intake.

The hood you have displayed looks awesome for street use. I have some concerns that scoops like these may funnel water into the engin. That is if you make the scoops functional.

That is my favorite hood design! They look great on Mustangs (the only vehicle I have seen the double inlet on) but I bet it would look great on an Explorer too. The fiberglass hood may come unpainted, so you would have to have it painted.

If you do it, what would you do with your old hood? Keep it around?

Not sure what I would do with my old hood.. sell it I guess.

Yeah I really do like the double intake hood. Looks different especially on an Explorer. I'm really debating on getting it, and doing some math on my next few paychecks and comissions. ;)

I got those pics from USBody.com.

I emailed them asking if they would let us do a group purchase, so we'll see if they respond.

Is it painted? Or does it need to be painted? I need to paint my black hood, but if I can get a hood like that I would swap it.

Have any of you considered just purchasing a hood scoop and having it molded into your factory hood?

Back