Aftermarket Message Center? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Message Center?

cgrady17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone know of an aftermarket message center I could install into a 2001 Explorer? I'd like a message center but maybe more of a modern one compared to what originally came with the 2nd gen explorers. Any alternatives would be great! I only need one that can tell me the MPG and info like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By more modern... What do you mean? You mean something with a different display?

You could always build a carputer I guess and find some obd-II software that will display that information.

A ScanGauge is a quick easy way to get a ton of info from your truck. You can get creative with mounting it so it looks good in there, and its fun knowing your milage! (not that they work in my 97 :( )

Scan gauge

Order an old Android phone or tablet, build a mount in the old cubby, get a wireless OBD2 adapter and download Torque. Done.

A ScanGauge is a quick easy way to get a ton of info from your truck. You can get creative with mounting it so it looks good in there, and its fun knowing your milage! (not that they work in my 97 :( )

Why is it that it wont work in a 97? I ordered an ultra guage only to figure it out the hard way. Some features worked but nothing speed related (mpg, mph, trip odo, ect) maybe a few other things didn't work either, I cant remember.

Why is it that it wont work in a 97? I ordered an ultra guage only to figure it out the hard way. Some features worked but nothing speed related (mpg, mph, trip odo, ect) maybe a few other things didn't work either, I cant remember.

I put one in temporarily that my father in law has. It showed everything (as far as I know) except for the mpg - which is mainly the reason I wanted one :(

Back