• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket oil presure gauge

tootall_54

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' XLT
I just recently bought a set of three aftermarket gauges and i am afraid that the feeding tube that goes into the back of the gauge and the attachment for the sending unit itself is to short is there any thing that i can buy or make to increase the length of it or am i out of luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are refering to the tube that goes to the temp guage, then nope there is no way to make it longer. It is a pressurized capillary tube that type of guage is considered a mechanical guage. You probably will be better suited with an electrical guage, you can make the wire as long as you need.

I agree. I think an electric gauge with a sending unit would be much better... and much cleaner if something were to go wrong.. if it came loose you don't want it spraying everywhere in the vehicle...

But if you're wanting to stick with the gauge you bought, can you just buy a new longer tube cut to the length you need?

The capillary tube on the on my guage is made of copper i believe and if cut is no good I am not aware of any where to buy replacement or longer tubes. It would not spray anything except some sort of gas for a second or two then it would be empty. The only tube that i am aware of that would be "cut to length" would be the tube/line for the oil press guage it is just 1/8 poly tubing or copper and ofcourse it would make a hell of a mess if it were to come loose not to mention the loss of oil from the engine.

When I had an '82 S-10, I had an oil pressure gauge and it had the plastic capillary tube that came through teh firewall all the way to the gauge. I remember seeing it recede when the engine would be turned off and pressurized when the engine was cranked over. That's what I thought he had.

Back