Aftermarket Radio Upgrade 2015 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Radio Upgrade 2015 Explorer

John Hartnett

Reaction score
City, State
Riverton, Nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT 4X4
I have an XLT with the 4.2 screen and I'm gathering information in order to do the upgrade. I discovered an add-on called idatalink maestro. This interfaces with the OBD2 system in the car and would show gauges, full TPS information and reverse sensor information. Replacing the radio also would mean replacing the bezel where factory radio is and along with the environmental controls. It appears there is only one company, Metra, that makes the replacement dash kit. I'm being told that the wiring harness for the Metra is not compatible with the Maestro wiring harness. Anybody have experience installing these products? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:

Peter

I would go to www.crutchfield.com to verify your information. On there site you can find all the information you need to install and aftermarket radio. they also sell everything you will need. The Tech support is great folks willing to help.

I had the Maestro Idatalink interface on my 2012 Honda Pilot. First you need to choose what head unit your going to use, not all head units will work with the Maestro (I had a double din Alpine). The information that showed up on the radio was limited with the Honda.

I would find the radio you want to use and then go to the Maestro website and see what gauges and other information will be displayed. On the Mustang the information is cool and complete.

To sum it up; match the car, the radio and the correct Maestro and see what you get.

Back