Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna?

nickmobile67

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I got my mom a new Pioneer DEH11E for her 98 explorer for christmas. It works great but the factory power antenna won't go up. How do I hook up the power antenna again? I used metra adapters so no cutting or splicing at all. I still have two empty plugs from the original radio behind the dash. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

off of your head unit there is a blue wire sometimes with a white tracer it says power antenna that should be your answer to it if you have any more questions message me

There was one blue wire with a tag on it that said "remote" or something like that. Which wire in the car does it get hooked to?

the remote is for a amp its the signal wire that tells the amp to turn on there has to be a power attenna wire somewhere

hey, did you ever fix your problem. i cant figure mine out either. i have a 97 mountaineer and the antenna wont work either....radio works fine, but no power to the antenna

The remote wire should also work fine. Its usually a blue wire with a white stripe if the unit has a dedicated power antenna output.

If you have it hooked to the power antenna output and the antenna wont go up, check the radios menus, mine is fully selectable for the power antenna (Have it up when the radios on, up only when the source is Tuner, or always down)

Back