Aftermarket Rims for my 2017 Limited Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Rims for my 2017 Limited Explorer

I have a 2017 Limited, with stock rims and tires. Tires are Hankook 255/50R20 105H. I would like to change to an aftermarket rim, black and chrome. Is it possible to keep my existing tires and just change out the wheels? Or do I need tires and rims? I'm really only interested in changing the look/color, not the rim size. Any suggestions, tips, ways to save $$, anything!!?? Please help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, just keep the tires and sensors, and get new wheels. Keep/sell the stock wheels for snow tires...

You can keep the OEM rims in the garage to look new for trade in. You can transfer the Hankook's over to the new rims.

Check tirerack.com Their site has a good selection of rims, tires or combinations. They have a virtual wall on the site where you can filter by vehicle, size etc. They have a graphic of how the new rims would look not only on the Explorer but even has a paint swatch to view how they look with each color.

Depending on how many miles the 17 has It might be good time to switch tires anyway. Tire rack reviews aren't very favorable on Hankook's with the Explorer especially in the over 15-20K crowd.

Personally if you are going to switch I recommend either Michelin Defender or Bridgestone Duelers. Read the reviews and see for yourself, rather read for yourself.

Try to check out american racing, kmc and enkei. They have some nice looking 20's.

What did you end up with? We are looking for new rims and tires for our 2017 too.

Were you able to get aftermarket replacement wheels? I'm planning to purchase next week and Rockstar wheels are my first choice. They have a great selection of black wheels and spoke-design to choose from. I'm currently looking for more feedback about this wheel before I settle with it.

Back