Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

I do not believe it voids the entire factory warranty on the vehicle.

Peter

Peter

Exactly!! An exhaust has nothing to do with MFT or a window motor or a fluid leak so your bumper to bumper would not be void. The only thing that could be void as Peter said is if the exhaust directly causes a failure of the vehicle. Then that repair would not be covered but it can not void your entire warranty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am after a hollow Flowmaster style rumble and not a high pitched whine or fart can Honda sound. No warranty voided except the catback from factory as we will be cutting and welding in new parts.

Darren

Thanks for your reply. So my follow-up to that is:

1. is the sound you are after more throaty and pronounced - not high pitched and whiny, and

2. do these modifications void the warranty on the vehicle?

Thanks again.

We're going to need a video to hear this! Takes me right back to the 90s, you'd always know where there was another Stang nearby to run with...

:)

Ajar

Flowmaster Super 44s and removal of the resonator, will be completed on my 2014 Sport in the near future. No performance gain but should achieve the sound that I am after.

So true - running shorty headers, o/r hpipe and Super 44s on my 1992 LX Coupe with roller rockers...nothing beats that sound. ;) If I can get a fraction of the sound in the Explorer, I will be thrilled. I will post the results in a col weeks.

We're going to need a video to hear this! Takes me right back to the 90s, you'd always know where there was another Stang nearby to run with...

:)

Ajar

...And further more did changing the mufflers get rid of the exhaust smell in the cabin everyone's complaining about?

make sure whatever model you get (flowmaster,etc) there isn't a drone at highway speeds. very common in many of the so called performance mufflers

...And further more did changing the mufflers get rid of the exhaust smell in the cabin everyone's complaining about?

I changed mine and had them extend the tips about 3/4 of an inch. It didn't get rid of it completely but did knock it down about 80% from the stock terribly strong smell i had.

We're going to need a video to hear this! Takes me right back to the 90s, you'd always know where there was another Stang nearby to run with... :)

Ajar
So true - running shorty headers, o/r hpipe and Super 44s on my 1992 LX Coupe with roller rockers...nothing beats that sound. ;) If I can get a fraction of the sound in the Explorer, I will be thrilled. I will post the results in a col weeks.

You boys are bringing back the memories now. How about the smell of a no cat exhaust... Ah, memories.

Why not just plum in some electronic adjustable exhaust cutouts. The kind that really can be controlled as to how far open you can run them....You can have the best of all worlds, wide open for the strip or where appropriate, closed for the quiet neighborhood times, and anywhere in between for street use........No muffler cat back or otherwise system can give you the proper sound for different occasions.....And you can have it several ways for your driving, and the wife can have it her way also.....I settled on this and everybodys happy with the Mustang and it will work for the EXP also............. best regards Plum

Looking for any input as to sound quality/ performance gains for Magnaflo/Flowmaster/Borla etc. exhaust installation. If so are there any videos where I can hear what they sound like! If you used Flow mast what is teh difference between all the different number series mufflers?

hi Dr Plastic, Many other exhaust threads in addition to the one above in the "modified" section. Just go to the modified section and search on "exhaust, flowmaster, Magnaflow", etc.

3k miles into the mod, I'm still very happy with my Magnaflows. I did the final mufflers for the sound bump only. No noticeable perf gain expected or realized with just final muffler swap.

Looking for any input as to sound quality/ performance gains for Magnaflo/Flowmaster/Borla etc. exhaust installation. If so are there any videos where I can hear what they sound like! If you used Flow mast what is teh difference between all the different number series mufflers?
Your thread has been moved to the 'Modified' sub forum where there are several threads on the topic. As suggested. a 'Search" will bring these up.

Peter

Your thread has been moved to the 'Modified' sub forum where there are several threads on the topic. As suggested. a 'Search" will bring these up.

Peter
hi again Dr Plastic. I forgot to say welcome to the dark side :eek:

Good modding :thumbsup:

aftermarket exhaust

Yes i just had mine upgraded at 502 Performance in Upstate NY. They put a magnaflow system on with magnaflow double wall stainless 4" tips on my 2week old 15 x. Now on to the Diablo Trinity Tuner..

Anything available yet?
There are threads in this sub forum on after market exhaust systems. I don't know if the 2016 is any different than the previous model years except possibly for the exhaust tips.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, but as our site notes there is modification required because of the bumper shape change.

Back