Aftermarket Tune to fix v8 gas pedal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Tune to fix v8 gas pedal

firefly1246

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
Hello:

Got a 2004 v8 with the dreaded throttle by wire gas pedal. I have dealt with it for 5 years and even had the ford dealer look at and wanted them to updated it to the latest programming. They confirmed I had the latest programming and that the condition I have is normal which as we all know is a really frustrating condition. I guess I have finally had it with this throttle pedal. I have done a ton of reading about people cleaning throttle body, replacing components, modify the gas pedal, and getting an aftermarket tune to reprogram the gas pedal. It appears the reprogramming is the only condition where people said it completely went to operating like a "normal" car. I have taken it apart to clean it and saw zero difference. So my next step is I want to get an aftermarket tune with the main goal of fixing the gas pedal.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to talk to or what to buy? Most of the stuff in the forums is with Hensen Performance but they appear to be out of business.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might try and talk to these guys.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/

Looks like they only have stuff for the 5th Generation Explorer right now but you may want to ask if they plan to do any additional development for other engines.

No I haven't reset the PCM. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks!!
-Scott

Hello:

Got a 2004 v8 with the dreaded throttle by wire gas pedal. I have dealt with it for 5 years and even had the ford dealer look at and wanted them to updated it to the latest programming. They confirmed I had the latest programming and that the condition I have is normal which as we all know is a really frustrating condition. I guess I have finally had it with this throttle pedal. I have done a ton of reading about people cleaning throttle body, replacing components, modify the gas pedal, and getting an aftermarket tune to reprogram the gas pedal. It appears the reprogramming is the only condition where people said it completely went to operating like a "normal" car. I have taken it apart to clean it and saw zero difference. So my next step is I want to get an aftermarket tune with the main goal of fixing the gas pedal.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to talk to or what to buy? Most of the stuff in the forums is with Hensen Performance but they appear to be out of business.

What are the symptoms exactly of drive-by-wire system you are having?

Back