Aftermarket wheels | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Sorry for offering an opinion, I thought that's what forums were for, you mod your vehicle then take pics and get feedback.

It won't happen again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@ken60631 If you like the red caps, rock on with your red caps. Your car, your rules. The quality of the pics is fantastic! Very cool to get some pro glamour shots of your Ex.

This will likely be an unpopular opinion and I'm sorry for dragging you into it. I feel you broke a golden rule with him. IMO he's here for his vehicle to be worshipped and little more. He rarely (if ever) posts when he's not showing off his latest mod or bragging about a photo shoot. If you ask him a direct question he will probably respond to you, but he's rarely around to offer assistance otherwise. Don't get me wrong, we all like to 'show off' and talk about our vehicles....that's why we're here. Some choose to interact with the others like we're members of a community and others act like content providers. There are several members here who have dropped a lot more money into their Ex than I have that I think are super cool guys (I've met one personally) and I'd have a beer with in a heartbeat...and then there's a few others who I get the opinion that having a beer with the rest of us with would be beneath them.

I mean, think about it, instead of just taking your opinion and disagreeing with a simple 'my ride not yours' (which he started to do) he had to take a shot at the rest of us and talk about everyone else (except @jonnoriega, I'd assume, haha) having 'donk wheels.' :rolleyes:

Hey... don't make fun of my DONK wheels, bruh and my red stripes. LMAO

...... In my opinion the red center caps tie in with the red from the tail lights. ..
I must admit that I did notice that 'blend' between the caps and taillights as well. As for your other post reacting to what you assumed was criticism, they were just opinion of other members. As Sgt1411 mentioned, when you post a picture or anything else, you are doing so in a public forum and you should expect some feedback. Some will be positive and some negative. That is how forums work.
Speaking of "donk" wheels;

Peter

donk wheels.jpg

I must admit that I did notice that 'blend' between the caps and taillights as well. As for your other post reacting to what you assumed was criticism, they were just opinion of other members. As Sgt1411 mentioned, when you post a picture or anything else, you are doing so in a public forum and you should expect some feedback. Some will be positive and some negative. That is how forums work.
Speaking of "donk" wheels;

Peter

View attachment 97635

These are some of my personal favorites and sadly, there a rare few amongst us who REALLY like this look LMAO :D

These are some of my personal favorites and sadly, there a rare few amongst us who REALLY like this look LMAO :D

You should come spend a few days around here. There are 10-15 older model cars running on anything from 22s to 26s. You'd be in heaven. :D:p

This will likely be an unpopular opinion and I'm sorry for dragging you into it. I feel you broke a golden rule with him. IMO he's here for his vehicle to be worshipped and little more. He rarely (if ever) posts when he's not showing off his latest mod or bragging about a photo shoot. If you ask him a direct question he will probably respond to you, but he's rarely around to offer assistance otherwise. Don't get me wrong, we all like to 'show off' and talk about our vehicles....that's why we're here. Some choose to interact with the others like we're members of a community and others act like content providers. There are several members here who have dropped a lot more money into their Ex than I have that I think are super cool guys (I've met one personally) and I'd have a beer with in a heartbeat...and then there's a few others who I get the opinion that having a beer with the rest of us with would be beneath them.

I mean, think about it, instead of just taking your opinion and disagreeing with a simple 'my ride not yours' (which he started to do) he had to take a shot at the rest of us and talk about everyone else (except @jonnoriega, I'd assume, haha) having 'donk wheels.' :rolleyes:

I honestly have no clue were smoking when you came up with the idea that I expect people to worship my vehicle. I post pictures of my car for reference and maybe inspiration for other member. I have chosen to be a "members of a community" hence why I have spent my money to be an Elite Explorer. Also I do not appreciate your asinine comment "he's rarely around to offer assistance otherwise" because I have assisted a handful of members such as @jonnoriega in a multitude of instances. For example I have helped Jon with his wheel and tire set up as well helping him choose what mods he should do to his car.

On another note you claim I "took a shot" at the rest of you, yet another member took a similar "shot" at me by saying my car looks like a "'Tuner Boys'. :rolleyes:". If he's allowed to express his feedback/opinion/criticism then I have every right to express my feedback/opinion/criticism.

Btw, I would never want to have a beer with someone who speaks off their ass and attempts to bash me without having all their facts straight.... Just my feedback/opinion/criticism.

I honestly have no clue were smoking when you came up with the idea that I expect people to worship my vehicle. I post pictures of my car for reference and maybe inspiration for other member. I have chosen to be a "members of a community" hence why I have spent my money to be an Elite Explorer. Also I do not appreciate your asinine comment "he's rarely around to offer assistance otherwise" because I have assisted a handful of members such as @jonnoriega in a multitude of instances. For example I have helped Jon with his wheel and tire set up as well helping him choose what mods he should do to his car.

On another note you claim I "took a shot" at the rest of you, yet another member took a similar "shot" at me by saying my car looks like a "'Tuner Boys'. :rolleyes:". If he's allowed to express his feedback/opinion/criticism then I have every right to express my feedback/opinion/criticism.

Btw, I would never want to have a beer with someone who speaks off their ass and attempts to bash me without having all their facts straight.... Just my feedback/opinion/criticism.

Well, this "Tuner Boy" or "Ricer" loves my ride and I publicly want have to thank @ken60631, @14ExplorerNC and @supr squirrel for the cosmetic inspiration for my Platinum. Super kudos to @ken60631 for guiding me with the set up of his Sport that I actually purchased his EXACT set up. Our cars are fraternal twins from our Velgen Wheels to our Livernois set-up. He was a huge help.

I know that he's got his eye set on some flex springs and if I like the way his ride looks, I will most likely be making that purchase as well. There goes another $$$ LMAO!!!

Ah, fat bicycle wheels and tires. I love this old picture of a Ramcharger;

ramcharger53s.jpg

I purchased a wheel/ tire combo online when a few months back and was super happy with it (Adventus AVX-7 22 x 9 +30 offset with 285/40/22 Yoko Spec-X tires) HOWEVER, the wheel faces stuck out further than the tires, making curb rash a serious threat, especially with the girlfriend cruising it (no offense honey). After 1000 miles I decided to change tire size. Yesterday I had Nitto 420S's installed, 285/35ZR/22's 106W. Wow, these things are SICK! I've got another inch of rubber on the road now, my wheel faces are protected, the tread pattern is awesome, and I bumped up in speed rating from V to W- not that I plan to test the limits of the W speed rating. An expensive lesson, but I don't regret the upgrade. Yoko's are for sale now BTW if anyone is interested- great tires, amazing ride, just not wide enough for my situation.

Glad you got new rubber put on the wheels to protect them. I know how easy it is to curb the wheels, although thankfully that hasn't happened with either our Explorer or Charger yet (knock on wood.)

Anyway, what I found interesting is that most tire manufactures build the wheel protection into the tire these days. Sucks you had to buy another set of tires to get that. Having said that I love the meaty look of them so it ended up turning into a 'win' for you. :)

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit, Ken. Let's review shall we?

I indeed said you rarely help other members unless they ask you a question directly. Show me five posts of yours on here where you 'helped' another member that didn't directly mention or quote you in a post. I'm guessing you can't...because the only time you 'help' people is when you're here showing off your vehicle. You have 32 messages in a year...32...and I'm guessing more than half of them feature pictures of your ride. And it's not just on here, either. Anyone who reads the 5th gen FB forums sees the same behavior. As I said earlier....and has so obviously clearly touched a nerve with you....you seem to post in these places to show off (or if you're having an issue.) If neither of those things are occurring (or if you don't happen to be here reading others comments about your vehicle) it sure seems that other members or posters don't matter much to you.
Sorry Rick and Peter, I'm done after this. No need to send me to my room. Ken's going on ignore so I don't have to read all the 'helpful comments' he's posting each and every day to other members of the forum. Hopefully he'll do the same to me and things will get back to normal.

LOL, If you want to continue to be toxic so can I. But don't get me wrong, I strongly appreciate all the effort you put into stalking me not only on this forum but also on Facebook. Im absolutely flattered you invested so much time and energy into that, so BRAVO to you. Also I'm actually proud that my posts have caused you to to have such an emotional response. It truly show that perhaps you're just jealous of me so every time I post a picture of my car you just upset and pissed off. But unfortunately I cannot help those feelings you will just have to come to terms with them yourself.

But at the end of the day Rick and Peter, I am not sorry. Im not gunna sit around and let someone degrade me and disrespectfully talk about my car. I have spent tons of time and money turning my vehicle into something I am proud of. Maybe I do post pictures of my car to show it off, but who doesn't share pictures of their car on a forum to show it off, lol. I hold myself accountable for every single word I type and I do not regret any of them.

There is no such thing as someone posting to many pictures of their ride. Its called pride, maybe if we all took a little more pride this site would be a better place.

T
There is no such thing as someone posting to many pictures of their ride. Its called pride, maybe if we all took a little more pride this site would be a better place.

...and I knew this was going to happen. I have zero, I repeat, ZERO, issue with 99.999999999999% of pictures being posted of rides. Especially if you are here to interact with others more than just to go 'here's a picture of my ride' and then immediately leaving or (maybe) answering a question or two about it. Several posters (@jonnoriega is an excellent example) post numerous pictures of their rides and, again....zero issues with it. But I feel like some 'participate' more than others outside of posting pictures. They actually visit and contribute outside of 'showing off.'

So I will respectfully disagree with you, because if we all behaved in that manner this place would be completely dead and nothing more than a glorified photo hosting site.

Chill, squirrel. Forums like this serve different purposes to different people. Some are show-offs, some are helpers, some just want to complain, etc., etc...

Chill, squirrel. Forums like this serve different purposes to different people. Some are show-offs, some are helpers, some just want to complain, etc., etc...
There is nothing for me to 'chill' about. I'm over it. I messaged Peter and told him I was taking down the two posts I made in regards to the subject. But I stand behind everything I said to him minus the I wouldn't put him out if he was on fire part.

If you are indeed a participant of this forum (as has been argued) and not just here to show off then you can't get pissy the very first time some says anything remotely negative about your vehicle (it's been done to me more than once, once by someone who recently posted, in fact)...and then throw shade at literally every other forum member in the process. I haven't liked him for some time (again, I see it in other places besides here) and he caught me on a bad day. My mistakes were not putting him on ignore long ago and stating my grievances on the forum.

My intentions were (and still are) to move on from this for the sake of the forum. So anyone who wants to comment and say whatever they want in regards to me from this point on, feel free. I'm done with it.

Okay guys let's end this here and get back to the thread subject.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is nothing for me to 'chill' about. I'm over it. I messaged Peter and told him I was taking down the two posts I made in regards to the subject. But I stand behind everything I said to him minus the I wouldn't put him out if he was on fire part.

If you are indeed a participant of this forum (as has been argued) and not just here to show off then you can't get pissy the very first time some says anything remotely negative about your vehicle (it's been done to me more than once, once by someone who recently posted, in fact)...and then throw shade at literally every other forum member in the process. I haven't liked him for some time (again, I see it in other places besides here) and he caught me on a bad day. My mistakes were not putting him on ignore long ago and stating my grievances on the forum.

My intentions were (and still are) to move on from this for the sake of the forum. So anyone who wants to comment and say whatever they want in regards to me from this point on, feel free. I'm done with it.
LOL

Back