Aftermarket wheels | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Yes, 10.5 all the way around. I didn't want to go staggerd due to the fact you can rotate all the way around, plus I love the concave look on the front and rear matching.

Well you just sold me on your look. I've ponder those rims a few times back when I first bought my Sport but now that's I've seen what it looks like I'm in love. Coincidently I just got a nail in my rear tire day before yesterday so now I'm obligated to buy a new set up. At least that's my justification.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you just sold me on your look. I've ponder those rims a few times back when I first bought my Sport but now that's I've seen what it looks like I'm in love. Coincidently I just got a nail in my rear tire day before yesterday so now I'm obligated to buy a new set up. At least that's my justification.

Rims are Velgen VMB5 ($1900 shipped) Ask for Scott, he's the owner
20x10.5"
Center bore 73.1
45 mm offset
I went with the matte black finish

Tires
Parade Spec X ($850 shipped and installed, mounted + road hazard program from local Discount Tire)
295/45/20 (hugs the road so good, I'm lowered as well)
0 rubbing, no modification, would like a spacer in rear. Alignment still with in factory specs

vf9g0p.jpg

So I verified today that 285/45/22 do not fit. It rubs on the inner plastic toward the driver (right side of the photo). Also just barely clears the brake caliper, strangely. I mean REALLY close. This is a +30 or 32 rim I can't remember. Not ideal but good enough. Next I will fit 285/40/22 which is what I've run on my last explorer and am told fits these X's per discount tire.

Here's a terrible photo with no center cap. I like the meat but does not fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,936

Here is the wheel (again, will have smaller tire next go around

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,579

The lip. I almost went with no lip like stock but these were cheap and much like the wheels on my other black X that I like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,629

OK, 285/40/22 fit just fine on 22x9.5 wheels. They're 30 offset.

No rub at all.

Honestly, they're SO close to the caliper (the wheel face is maybe 1/2 mm from the caliper) but it works. I think actually a lower offset like +20 would fit better and allow more caliper clearance for most wheels. They're not the perfect wheels but for the price I can definitely live with them. I can also always swap the very similar wheels on my 08 for these, same tire although the wheels on my 08 I believe are 40 offset. Anyway, here are some photos.

I will have more tomorrow after my new stereo gets installed and my tails get tinted.

Here's the 08 with the chrome inserts and without:
10177515_10152037129045997_2585258177329503033_n.jpg

11043069_10152632690590997_7955289004668711659_n.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,868

For some reason I can only upload one attachment on my phone at a time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,716

Last photo for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,802

I'm fairly new to the forum, but I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm considering getting some Red Sport RSW 100A wheels. They're 22x9.5, but I can't seem to find any info on the offset. the only options I've seen for the offset are MID or RWD, but it doesn't give a number. I like the concave look, but I'd hate to get a wheel that doesn't fit. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm fairly new to the forum, but I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm considering getting some Red Sport RSW 100A wheels. They're 22x9.5, but I can't seem to find any info on the offset. the only options I've seen for the offset are MID or RWD, but it doesn't give a number. I like the concave look, but I'd hate to get a wheel that doesn't fit. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Have you tried using sites like www.tirerack.com or www.1010tires.com ?

Peter

Most definitely do not buy them until you know the offset and can verify that they will fit. Call the vendor you intend to buy from or any vendor that sells them and ask. Then eyeball fit here: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Spring is almost upon us and the end of this February (at least in my area) has been exceptionally warm. So the winter tires may be coming off sooner than I had planned. In previous posts I noticed I had made some tire size mistakes, which explained other members pointing out what would and would not be possible. I couldn't figure out why everyone was pointing out what would work when I thought I have already written what others were sharing. My mistake for not noticing my mistake, and thanks to everyone who was looking out for me. Damn my poor typing. :)

What I have in my 'shopping cart' is a set of Adventus AVX7, 22x9 rims.
adventus_avx7_22x10-1310-748-00-Rev-500.png

adventus_avx7_22x10-1310-748-00-lay-500.png

I will be wrapping them in Yokohama Parada SPEC-X 265/40/22.
Yokohama-PARADA-Spec-X.png

I'm waiting one more week before placing my order to make sure I don't get the wheel/tires, get anxious to install them, actually install them and with my luck watch as my area gets dumped on with 8 inches of snow as my winter tires sit in the garage.

Once I have them installed I will be sure to post some pictures.

I'm looking to put some XO Milan 22x10.5 wheels with a 20-25 offset and 285/40 tires on my lowered 2016 Explorer.

You guys think I'll have any issues? I'm looking to push the wheel out as close to being flush as possible.

Not too sure on the 16', but I would like to say you would need a 285/30 series. On my 2014 I am running 295/40/20 - 10.5 rim w/ +45 offset. Guarantee you I would rub with 285/40/22.

I'm looking to put some XO Milan 22x10.5 wheels with a 20-25 offset and 285/40 tires on my lowered 2016 Explorer.

You guys think I'll have any issues? I'm looking to push the wheel out as close to being flush as possible.

Not too sure on the 16', but I would like to say you would need a 285/30 series. On my 2014 I am running 295/40/20 - 10.5 rim w/ +45 offset. Guarantee you I would rub with 285/40/22.

I'm more concerned about trying such a low offset of 20, but I want the wheels to be as concave as possible...

Love those rims. They were a finalist for my setup. If you get the rims make sure you post photos!! I ordered my wheels last week and was told they should be delivered early next week. If the weather takes another turn towards warm, I will install them. We had temps in the mid 60's this past Saturday and I was out golfing. It's currently snowing. HA!

I recently was looking for 285/40/22 tires for my new wheels. Not much out there to choose from.
The Yokohamas are an 'all season' tire. I wanted a 'Summer' tire, since I only use them in good weather, and chose ContiSportContact. Even though the Conti's are more $$$, it's the busy tread pattern of the Pradas that made me choose the Conti's. I'm thinking the tires will pickup a lot of stones.

22's should be offered from the factory. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Spring is almost upon us and the end of this February (at least in my area) has been exceptionally warm. So the winter tires may be coming off sooner than I had planned. In previous posts I noticed I had made some tire size mistakes, which explained other members pointing out what would and would not be possible. I couldn't figure out why everyone was pointing out what would work when I thought I have already written what others were sharing. My mistake for not noticing my mistake, and thanks to everyone who was looking out for me. Damn my poor typing. :)

What I have in my 'shopping cart' is a set of Adventus AVX7, 22x9 rims.
adventus_avx7_22x10-1310-748-00-Rev-500.png

adventus_avx7_22x10-1310-748-00-lay-500.png

I will be wrapping them in Yokohama Parada SPEC-X 265/40/22.
Yokohama-PARADA-Spec-X.png

I'm waiting one more week before placing my order to make sure I don't get the wheel/tires, get anxious to install them, actually install them and with my luck watch as my area gets dumped on with 8 inches of snow as my winter tires sit in the garage.

Once I have them installed I will be sure to post some pictures.

I recently was looking for 285/40/22 tires for my new wheels. Not much out there to choose from.
The Yokohamas are an 'all season' tire. I wanted a 'Summer' tire, since I only use them in good weather, and chose ContiSportContact. Even though the Conti's are more $$$, it's the busy tread pattern of the Pradas that made me choose the Conti's. I'm thinking the tires will pickup a lot of stones.

22's should be offered from the factory. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

285/40/22 is a difficult tire size to find. Lucky for me there were a few more choices at the 265/40/22 size. I looked closely at the Conti's and considered them as an option. Talked to a few car geek friends and asked their opinion. They all brought up two concerns.
1) The Conti's may not be strong performers during the Midwest spring and fall months when the temps could be in the 30-40's and wet and I haven't switched over to winter tires yet.

2) They all said the Yoko's would be a better 'summer' tire (April-Nov) tire for me, especially for the price difference and the amount of miles I drive. I do a lot of driving around the tri-state area to different golf courses. Best estimates were I would get two years out of the Conti's while they all thought 3 years for the Yoko's. Over a 10 year span (how long I hope to keep the Explorer) that would save me an extra $500 every year on tires. That's a lot of rounds of golf. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm actually wondering how you got away with such a high offset?

I hope the combo of being lowered and a 25mm offset will work and won't poke outside the fender too much. I just cannot seem to find a definitive answer...

Back