Aftermarket wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

elchapo11

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Police
Hello everyone. I read on a post that the PIU has bigger rotors than civilian explorers and 18in or bigger wheels have to be installed. I'm having a hard time finding wheels? any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone. I read on a post that the PIU has bigger rotors than civilian explorers and 18in or bigger wheels have to be installed. I'm having a hard time finding wheels? any suggestions?
Why not get the 18' Interceptor steel wheels? I'm using them in place of my OEM 20" for Winter.

2017 Platinum.JPG

i'm also looking for something aftermarket. the stock interceptor steelies are way too heavy...

i'm also looking for something aftermarket. the stock interceptor steelies are way too heavy...
I went with some Taurus 19” wheels and refinished them myself, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t lighter. But a lot of the fords (explorer, edge, Taurus) and the Lincoln variants share similar sizes and offsets so you can get a used set of take offs pretty cheap if you just want a different look. Just do some research. To make sure bolt pattern and offset match. I found it was hard to find tires for a 19” vs an 18 or 20. Those had a lot more options so I kind of wish I had gone that direction instead of the 19” but it all worked out.

They remind me of the wheels I had on my 2011 Limited. :)

Peter

DSC_0248a.jpg

have you checked sites like custom offset and tirerack? they do occasioanlly have errors, but usually rhye can get you close.

Back